2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hi all - need some advice

In my keeper league a guy is offering me Barkley/Zeke/Edelman for Conner/A Jones/Watkins. He could keep Conner as a 17th round and Jones as an 11th round next season. We cant keep 1st rounder so I cant keep Zeke or Saquon

My lineup would be Brees/Barkley/Zeke/AB/Green/Ertz/Edelman

do it?

Who are your other keeper options?

Are you a championship contender?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would not have any other viable keeper options. I am 8-2 and in first place.

Hmm, tough one.

I think I would reject the deal as it is, but be open to trading Jones for either Zeke or Barkley if they are open to it. That still gives them one keeper, so maybe that's enough for them to do it.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hmm, tough one.

I think I would reject the deal as it is, but be open to trading Jones for either Zeke or Barkley if they are open to it. That still gives them one keeper, so maybe that's enough for them to do it.

It’s turned into Conner for Barkley and Zeke. I would do it - he’s weighing his options.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
If he's not a contender, that's a good deal for both sides.

Agreed - his record is 3-7. He’s between my offer and Hopkins/Breida/Lindsay for those two. Hopkins would count as a 1st round keeper (was taken in the 2nd round). I think I’d rather have Conner over that package (keeper-wise)

Reactions: m9

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Taking into playoff schedules which 2 of these 3 would you want for the next 6 games?

Amari Cooper
Alston Jeffery
M. Valdez Scantling

Am I crazy thinking Scantling as one for the easier schedule?

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Taking into playoff schedules which 2 of these 3 would you want for the next 6 games?

Amari Cooper
Alston Jeffery
M. Valdez Scantling

Am I crazy thinking Scantling as one for the easier schedule?

Cooper has a great schedule, too.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bad news: I dropped Ebron last week because I was nervous about Doyle coming back. Good news, Somehow Kittle and the Bears D were on waivers

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How is Kittle on waivers in any league? I literally just signed Gerald Everett as my fill-in TE for a week off waivers because he was the best one available. The waivers are empty.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
How is Kittle on waivers in any league? I literally just signed Gerald Everett as my fill-in TE for a week off waivers because he was the best one available. The waivers are empty.
8 man league/4 man bench. and he's on bye but still...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Ahh, makes sense. How do you like playing in leagues with such small benches? Never tried one so I'm curious.
I like it and hate it at the same time. There's always someone available you can plug into your lineup, but its hard trying to juggle your roster to have the best available guys

Reactions: m9

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure if I wanna start LA DEF this week vs KC.

Any of these options better?

Den @ LAC
GB or SEA
IND or TEN
CIN @BAL
NO @ PHI
DAL or ATL
TB @ NYG
DET @ CAR

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Would you do:

Getting: TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas
Losing: Robert Woods, Desean Jackson
No!

D. Thomas has the worst hands of any receiver in the league. and Hilton is nothing special.

Woods is used in a lot of different ways in LAR's offense and D. Jax has big play upside.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I hate vetoing trades, but someone just traded away Cam Newton for Teddy Bridgewater and a mid-1st.
Hmm, that's an odd trade.

People in my league were going loco because I traded my buddy Austin Hooper for Kyle Rudolph (he didn't get another TE to cover Rudolph's bye). They wanted our Commish to veto the trade, lol.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think getting a mid-1st for Newton in a 1QB league is bad. Certainly not worth complaining or vetoing over.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I traded Crabtree, Fitzgerald, & a 2nd for Cooper, Jeffery, & a 4th a few days ago.
It was offered to me as the guy is in last place and is trying to acquire better picks. No one vetoed so I was happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad