2018 Pyeongchang Winter Games | General Discussion

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
my post was removed, I just meant that I do not care about their political system. I spoke about the cruel treatment of animals, and in particular the eating of dogs. It's just a shame to let them conduct such activities

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
my post was removed, I just meant that I do not care about their political system. I spoke about the cruel treatment of animals, and in particular the eating of dogs. It's just a shame to let them conduct such activities
This is not the place to discuss those types of things. But to be fair, us in North America are no saints when to come to treatments of animals, especially ones we intend to eat, so I wouldn't get on too high a horse.

But generalizing and calling an entire race names is disgusting no matter what your excuse is.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Just to show how seriously I take the Olympics...

26303204958_5fd77fac74_b.jpg

Every hour detailed. Every day detailed. Bring it on.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I hate the US. I'd like to be watching actual events that are taking place right now on my tv. Not some boring openi ceremony that took place 12'hours ago.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I hate the US. I'd like to be watching actual events that are taking place right now on my tv. Not some boring openi ceremony that took place 12'hours ago.

Are they not showing anything on the other NBC channels to get all eyeballs on the main one for the ceremony?

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Anyone outside of Canada had any luck with CBC's online live stream? I thought it was for all countries but their "technical difficulties" seem suspiciously like "you're not in Canada so GTFO."

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Anyone outside of Canada had any luck with CBC's online live stream? I thought it was for all countries but their "technical difficulties" seem suspiciously like "you're not in Canada so GTFO."
Its geoblocked outside Canada. IOC mandated.

Oct 18, 2006
What's everyone's thoughts on the Korean crowds? Both in terms of volume of spectators and noise?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
NBCs coverage blows. They should be showing live events right now,I'm assuming there are live events going on since it's the afternoon over there, but they aren't. Pretty terrible

NBC usually shunts it off to NBCSports and other "BC" holders right? (like CNBSC?) but i will never know why they won't just do what BBC/CBC does and just show things live and then highlights.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Korean crowds? Both in terms of volume of spectators and noise?

I think it's pretty darned good.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
NBC usually shunts it off to NBCSports and other "BC" holders right? (like CNBSC?) but i will never know why they won't just do what BBC/CBC does and just show things live and then highlights.

I think it's pretty darned good.
Even those other channels haven't been showing much of anything.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Has CBC figured out yet that every time they run that banner at the bottom of the screen, it blocks the athlete's times?

It's kind of annoying.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Really hope 2026 isn’t in Asia, these time differences really suck.

well i feel if CGY bids, they automatically win..last time we had a NA games was Vancouver. Now. we could have a NA Summer (LA) after Tokyo,. but 3 Asain games back to back to back is nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad