2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SPEED SKATING | Feb 10th - 24th

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
Anyone be watching the men's 5k right now?

Long, long race and Steve Armitagr is doing his best to fill time but the women covering it with him is just killing him with brutally short answers.

You can tell he keeps setting her up to talk for a few minutes to kill time and she keeps shutting him down.

It is hilarious and awkward at the same time.
He just called her out about having someone's notes and telling her to 'use them' during the commercial break. Lol

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It seems that the commentator with Armitage is a fillin as the regular woman can't talk so she deserves some leeway as she may not know much about these skaters but still fill a little time with fluff if nothing else.

Still fun to hear her one word answers and then silence though.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
It seems that the commentator with Armitage is a fillin as the regular woman can't talk so she deserves some leeway as she may not know much about these skaters but still fill a little time with fluff if nothing else.

Still fun to hear her one word answers and then silence though.
Absolutely.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Any reason Kramerand the Canadian aren't going in the last pair?

That seems to make the most sense in terms of drama.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Forget Kramer this Canadian is going to lose to the Norwegian guy in his heat.

NM great finish to tie him!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wow just beat him!

That is crazy how small that difference is but how big a difference it could be in terms of how they finish.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well no Gold but silver looks good for Canada if Armitage is right about the last two guys.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Wow an OR to get him into gold.

edit: lol didnt even notice it was Sven Kramer. He's nuts.

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No Bronze medal is not really in play Anastasia as it would be almost impossible to finish between 2nd and 3rd considering they are hundreds of a second apart.

Also did a horrible job of explaining why these guys are going last after Steve asked. You could almost hear her thinking if she could just say no when Steve asked her to explain it.

I don't mean to be harsh because I really am enjoying the commentary.

Oct 18, 2006
Olympic 5000m champion in 2010, 2014, and 2018. That's a stunning effort, really is. Huge congrats.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i wonder where catriona le may doan is. she usually covers speed skating with armitage (which btw: i'm glad he's healthy to be here, he missed going to Rio due to heart issues)

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
i wonder where catriona le may doan is. she usually covers speed skating with armitage (which btw: i'm glad he's healthy to be here, he missed going to Rio due to heart issues)
Ah, I remember that. And yeah, it's weird not to hear Doan's voice covering long track.

Speaking of, is Ron Maclean not over in PyeongChang either? I haven't seen him on any of the CBC coverage I've watched so far.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ah, I remember that. And yeah, it's weird not to hear Doan's voice covering long track.

Speaking of, is Ron Maclean not over in PyeongChang either? I haven't seen him on any of the CBC coverage I've watched so far.

he's HNIC'ing it. which is dumbo. I was gonna argue unless he's no longer a CBC employee...
but who knows what CBC does now. like Brian Williams works for TSN but i don't think he's there. (like no offense Scott Russell - you are no Ron or Brian).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad