2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SPEED SKATING | Feb 10th - 24th

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The live commentary is more than a bit irritating, even if the spectators wouldn't know what on earth is happening otherwise.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
So basically all the previous sprints are useless and the final one wins it all. Alusalu should have gotten at least a bronze for the effort. Happy for Takagi, disappointed for the two italians: Bettrone was never in the race and didn't help much, Lollobrigida who is the World Cup leader I think managed to only arrive fourth in the last sprint, missing out a possible medal.

trebor204

Jul 3, 2013
Bart Swings from Belgium wins Belgium 1st medal since 1998 (before that 1948), this is Belgium's 6th Winter Olympic medal overall.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Ivanie, one of the Gold Medal favorites, doesn't even make the final. She inexplicably crashes out on her own accord.

Another Canadian disappointment.

Blondin and Homan are the biggest disappointment.

Anyway great Olympics for Canada....you cant expect everyone to succeed

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Watching the replay of the mass start I can kind of see why people would be disappointed with it if you weren't familiar with the format. I think a lot of people were expecting something kind of like the summer games steeple chase which is essentially 40 or so runners all starting at once in a single race for the gold. Not a handful of skaters in a bunch of heats looking for points so they can move on to the feature. In a way though it kind of reminds me of my local quarter mile auto racing track. A division would start with a couple of heats that earn points and position in the feature race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->