2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | BIATHLON | Feb 10th - 23rd

Oct 18, 2006
Any word on France's second leg first shooting? They're so far behind we don't even have their results.

Oct 18, 2006
Did you see Doll's upper body tremble?
That was tough to watch.

France 1:17 down, closed the gap significantly so I take it he shot reasonably well.

Boe was all over the shop but both times avoided a loop.

Oct 18, 2006
Fourcade with problems shooting. He'll have to do loops.
I'm putting that shooting mainly down to his teammates. Awful start and gave him no chance. Didn't settle himself properly knowing he had no time to waste. Was bad though no question.

Samuelsson is a real future star.

Reactions: varsaku

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
That's it. Sweden wins. Svendsen with his usual meltdown. Schempp being terrible as well, but Landertinger can't capitalize on it. Sweden with a brilliant performance. Pretty windy in the last shooting again.

Reactions: varsaku
Oct 18, 2006
That's it. Sweden wins. Svendsen with his usual meltdown. Schempp being terrible as well, but Landertinger can't capitalize on it. Sweden with a brilliant performance.
Hindsight and all that...but JT Boe goes last surely? Svendsen is just too unreliable.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I've often asked myself that. Don't know why Svendsen got the end. He's not a stable shooter. It's not like he never won but he has a number of gaffes as well.

I think it's due to the finishing. He beats everybody in a photo-finish. It won't even be a photo-finish. Of course, then you have to finish those targets first. Well, fun for the Swedes. But it would have been better for the sport if the Americans had managed to stay a bit higher up, and we could have given them the silver medal, and Norway the 6th spot. 'Silver means loss' as speed skater Knut Johannesen -two times Olympic gold medalist, and a bunch of other titles - famously said. An often quoted thing around here. But while silver is next to useless for Norway, it would have been fun for some other people. (of course, silver is fun sometimes even for Norway, but it must be when our people were considered more like outsiders, as with Mowinckel in the alpine skiing.)

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I think it's due to the finishing. He beats everybody in a photo-finish. It won't even be a photo-finish. Of course, then you have to finish those targets first. Well, fun for the Swedes. But it would have been better for the sport if the Americans had managed to stay a bit higher up, and we could have given them the silver medal, and Norway the 6th spot. 'Silver means loss' as speed skater Knut Johannesen -two times Olympic gold medalist, and a bunch of other titles - famously said. An often quoted thing around here. But while silver is next to useless for Norway, it would have been fun for some other people. (of course, silver is fun sometimes even for Norway, but it must be when our people were considered more like outsiders, as with Mowinckel in the alpine skiing.)

I got that attitude vs USA too. It is important that the Us get interest in the winter-sports. I totally cheer for the sprint realy gold for the US women for example.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I don't know. That might have been the reason in the beginning but he's not the same in the loipe anymore. At least not the utter dominance he once had. There are really only three strategies anyway and you have to put him somewhere. Is it better to chase or do you want to give your guy a big cushion for the last shooting or put him somewhere in the middle and deal with that. Are you shooting better under pressure or when it's calm.
I would have loved if America took home even a bronze (not at the expense of the Germans ;) ), but you have to admit that coming in sixth is fantastic. I actively remember times when America was Biathlon no-man's-land.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad