2018 Pro-Tank Thread Part I: Dahlin all day and Dahlin all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Before opening night a healthy chunk of Nucks reddit, CDC, and even a faction here thought we were a playoff team
giphy.gif

And guarantee they all still think that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Also we need to turf anything related with DJ Khaled - he has f***ed us repeatedly. We need something new.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You're forgetting Edmonton and Ottawa.

Edmonton is 2-5-0
Buffalo 2-5-2
Detroit 4-4-1 but came in on a 3 game losing streak (now 4).

Ottawa is the only win over a team playing well at 4-1-3.

Let’s see where they are after some teams with +.500 records. If they keep it up then props to them but you can’t blame anyone for being skeptical at this point.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You're forgetting Edmonton and Ottawa.

Context matters. If they beat the Pens, and the Pens don't have Crosby or Malkin, that's not really worth bragging about.

The Oilers are in absolute shambles right now. They're nothing to brag about. Ottawa however is as they are playing good.

But carry on, we are playoffs bound.

Reactions: The Drop

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Let's hope Benning realizes were over achieving and sells high on a few players by game 40 and we still get a top 5 pick. Plus we maybe can get some picks for Dorsett if he keeps this up and Vanek and so on.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
You’re forgetting losses to Ottawa and Boston too .

Oh yes, the shootout loss to Ottawa and the game with Boston where we lost the game during that 5 minute Boston power play and came back to make a game of it.
This isn't a bottom five team though, I think you'll be disappointed. If we don't get beat up by injuries, we could get into a wild card spot.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Oh yes, the shootout loss to Ottawa and the game with Boston where we lost the game during that 5 minute Boston power play and came back to make a game of it.
This isn't a bottom five team though, I think you'll be disappointed. If we don't get beat up by injuries, we could get into a wild card spot.

when was the last time this actually happened to us

we're always terrible in this department

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
when was the last time this actually happened to us

we're always terrible in this department

I know it hasn't been a great start on the injury front but maybe we'll get them out of the way early this season and go on a run for the playoffs later on. It feel to me like we have a deeper team this year so maybe we won't be impacted by injuries quite as badly.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I know it hasn't been a great start on the injury front but maybe we'll get them out of the way early this season and go on a run for the playoffs later on. It feel to me like we have a deeper team this year so maybe we won't be impacted by injuries quite as badly.
Why do you want playoffs now though?

We're just going to bow out in 4 or 5 games against a team like Anaheim or LA. There's going to be absolutely no point to it.

Why not just go for a top 5 pick again so we can build a young, exciting, playoff regular that has a shot at it every year for ~10+ years?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I’m going to remember this insane post. We see this every year. Canucks win a couple vs some bad teams and all of a sudden they they’re world beaters.

They’re a bottom 5 team. Just watch. Unless you think Dorsett is going to pop 20.

You’re going to be sorely disappointed when you realize this team isn’t deep at all and things settle in.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Why do you want playoffs now though?

We're just going to bow out in 4 or 5 games against a team like Anaheim or LA. There's going to be absolutely no point to it.

Why not just go for a top 5 pick again so we can build a young, exciting, playoff regular that has a shot at it every year for ~10+ years?

I guess I like winning and you know the saying.....anything can happen. ;)

The prospect of watching the Canucks be bottom feeders is too much, hockey gets me through the winter.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

Lololo man I wish I got a nickel every time I heard this over the last couple of seasons.

We're a bottom 5 team and there's nothing you or Benning can do about it.

Reactions: The Drop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad