2018 Pro-Tank Thread Part I: Dahlin all day and Dahlin all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Last 2 lotteries didn’t screw us. Bad drafting has screwed us. We still picked in the top 10 the last few years. Can’t go pissing away picks on Juolevis of the world 5 overall. Players that went after him are studs. So can’t complain about the pick #.

Preach.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Well its snowing out here and preseason is finally over. The tank hasn't been out for a while so I guess I'll take her for a spin

tumblr_mt53i24mhA1rczrcio1_400.gif

She's riding fine and ready to go. Their are 2 prime objectives for team tank this season. One of them is to secure the best draft position possible and the other is have a new management team in place hopefully by Christmas.

I'm going to be hitting this thread hard to start the season because I'll make no bones about it...I want a brutal start to season! I want as much pressure put on Benning & Linden as possible and I want it on early. Please Hockey God's give me a 0-9 start :hyper:

Reactions: Ori

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Comparing our roster to last year for the majority of the season...

Out: Hansen, Burrows, Megna, Chaput, Skille, Sbisa, Tryamkin, Larsen, Miller
In: Vanek, Gagner, Boeser (only played 9 games), Virtanen(?), Burmistrov, Del Zotto, Wiercioch, Nilsson

Taking into consideration young players hopefully improving, older players possibly declining, and the new, not god-awful coach factor, I definitely think we'll be a better and more entertaining team, but we're still a bottom 5/10 team.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Dahlin need to work on his fitness - I know he is only 17, but just saying! ;)

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
Don't hope for Dahlin... we're the canucks... we'll get some kid who quits hockey next season after putting up 100 goals in junior or something...

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Think this team will fall in the 3-6 range unless they win the draft lottery.

Dahlin/Svechnikov/Kotkaniemi/Tkachuk/Boqvist/Zadina/Wilde

Most importantly trade for another first-round draft pick. Can't keep on building through the draft at a snail's pace.

Ty Smith
Quinton Hughes
Ryan Merkley
Jett Woo
Jared McIsaac
Alexander Alexeyev
Libor Zabransky
K’andre Miller

All nice D-prospects.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Most importantly trade for another first-round draft pick. Can't keep on building through the draft at a snail's pace.

How? Vanek isn't worth a 1st, he put up 38 points in 48 games last year and only get a 3rd. I highly doubt upcoming UFA Gudbranson would fetch a 1st. Edler still seems happy in Vancouver. The Sedins aren't going to be moved, and even if they wanted to be traded, who could take on $10.5M in cap hits? (we only have one retention spot left thanks to the Hansen trade...)

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
How? Vanek isn't worth a 1st, he put up 38 points in 48 games last year and only get a 3rd. I highly doubt upcoming UFA Gudbranson would fetch a 1st. Edler still seems happy in Vancouver. The Sedins aren't going to be moved, and even if they wanted to be traded, who could take on $10.5M in cap hits? (we only have one retention spot left thanks to the Hansen trade...)

Gudbranson should easily return a first from a contender. Roman Polak for gods sake returned two 2nds and that GM is still employed. He'll be enticing to GM's at the deadline especially with him only being 26 and 6'5.

Tanev should easily bring back a first in a package.

Edler if convinced like Bieksa/Garrison/Hamhuis/Burrows should garner a first.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Gubranson's age shouldn't factor in as he'd be a rental? Plus he really is just a big heap of trash. If he even makes it to the end of the season all he will have done is further devalued his trade value. We need to trade him around Movember - he'll grow a nice stache for it and this likely will be the greatest contribution he makes to the team all year.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
we arent gonna get top 3 draft in 2018.

unless we get hit by injuries early and plummet.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Ok... I've put all of my Canuck gear away into storage because as far as I am concerned right now, wearing anything with a Canuck logo is supporting this regime and I will not be supporting this terrible crappy incompetent regime regardless of anything and that's even if we win a Stanley Cup.

It would literally be the worst day of my life if I had to watch Jimbo hoist the Stanley Cup wearing a Canuck jersey down Georgia.
eQP9ehc.gif

But I still support my Canucks. 100%. As far as I'm concerned, I went all in on this loser franchise years ago and at this point of time, frankly, there is no option not to. And besides, if I didn't still support them, I wouldn't be typing this stupid long message nor would I have taken the time to create this thread.

So back to my original point and that is, I need some Canuck gear.

And HFBoards tanknation needs a logo and individualized tanknation avatars.

Re: Logo

- open to all ideas.
- should be lasting though because I feel that we may be in for the long haul.
- should be vaguely similar to current logo.
- Should look good in pictures
- The end goal is to print it on a t-shirt and then to wear that t-shirt and then have Canuck fans look at it and say, wtf is that? And then want one because YOU just told them how terrible management is.
- The fire management conversation needs to start somewhere and the media has shown themselves to be (rightly or wrongly) completely neutered in this aspect.

Re: Avatars
- Proposed theme: Past player failures
- McCann - 99.9% guaranteed to never be back
- Forsling - 99.9% guaranteed to never be back
- Kassian - 99.9% guaranteed to never be back
- Tryamkin - won't be back for 3 years if ever
- Bonino - Proven terrible trade​
- open to ideas here

Re: T-Shirt
- Proposed design: Mimic shirsey
- Dark blue
- Front
- Our chosen logo​
- Back
- Open to ideas here.
-
Maybe a slogan - "Fire Lindenning" with a number "00" underneath?
- Once we get all the design work done (the sooner the better), I'm ok to do the grunt work and get it printed locally on a quality t-shirt and then sent out to all y'all in the world.
- if you have t-shirt making experience and you want to help let me know for sure!!

Re: Collaboration
- If you're interested in working on this project with me send me a PM and I'll invite you to the slack channel. Please don't be offended if I decline you as this is a serious project and I don't have time to mess around with non-serious people.
- I would like to see if I can get some mod support here to help with facilitating any voting that is needed as I would like to try to make this as democratic as possible. A wise man once said "it's all about the process".

----

So just to recap:

What:
- The goal of all of this is the removal of Linden and Benning from the Canuck management decision making process
Why:
- The media is neutered and cannot be trusted to voice any serious (and consistent) objections to their employers
How:
- Through the creation of grassroots movement showing our displeasure with management.
- T-shirt sales will be our primary metric to gauge how successful we are.
What say you?
- You can support the Canucks and not support management. Just like you can support the USA and not support Trump. It's actually pretty easy.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Cool. No problems.

Same type of response I got last time.

Enjoy the season everyone.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Because Benning screwed up our 6th overall pick in 2014, and our 5th overall pick in 2016 we're still a few more years away from possibly turning the corner. I still maintain that it will be after the Eriksson contract is up that we'll start to be competitive. You just can't be that competitive when you're wasting $6M on a 34/35 year old who's not producing. That being said, Dahlin, Svechnikov, Veleno, or Merkley would really help us this year. Next year will be the big tank year. Landing Jack Hughes would be like landing our own Auston Matthews. Ideally by then we have competent management who actually start our rebuild.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Gudbranson should easily return a first from a contender. Roman Polak for gods sake returned two 2nds and that GM is still employed. He'll be enticing to GM's at the deadline especially with him only being 26 and 6'5.

Tanev should easily bring back a first in a package.

Edler if convinced like Bieksa/Garrison/Hamhuis/Burrows should garner a first.

It was Polak AND Nick Spaling. And they had to take back Raffi Torres' contract/contract spot. Using that trade isn't a great barometer, and if you want to play the points game, Roman Polak consistently puts up more points.

Let's not assume Gudbranson is going to return us much more than a 2nd round pick at this point.

Age is irrelevant when it comes to rental players—teams making acquisitions want players who are producing and can help take their team over the edge, there won't be any premium for him being young.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It was Polak AND Nick Spaling. And they had to take back Raffi Torres' contract/contract spot. Using that trade isn't a great barometer, and if you want to play the points game, Roman Polak consistently puts up more points.

Let's not assume Gudbranson is going to return us much more than a 2nd round pick at this point.

Age is irrelevant when it comes to rental players—teams making acquisitions want players who are producing and can help take their team over the edge, there won't be any premium for him being young.

At this point I don't see the Canucks getting high draft picks for anyone. When has Benning shown ability to trade players for draft picks?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
At this point I don't see the Canucks getting high draft picks for anyone. When has Benning shown ability to trade players for draft picks?

Well considering he's literally never done a player for only picks trade, there isn't much to go on. Always has to be some bubble waiver eligible player coming the other way instead of a better pick.

I have zero faith in his ability to 1) come to conclusion we aren't making playoffs this year in time for the trade deadline 2) make the necessary moves at the deadline 3) extract proper value in these trades.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
we arent gonna get top 3 draft in 2018.

unless we get hit by injuries early and plummet.

This team is old and very low on skill, we will easily be a bottom 3 team. Only way we don't draft bottom 3 is if we lose the lottery and fall...again...but that is why we need to be liquidating older veteran assets for more draft picks.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This team is old and very low on skill, we will easily be a bottom 3 team. Only way we don't draft bottom 3 is if we lose the lottery and fall...again...but that is why we need to be liquidating older veteran assets for more draft picks.

The changes to the lottery system pretty much neuter your odds of getting a top 3 pick even if you finish in bottom 3. Face it, we got screwed by the league essentially sanctioning the Edmonton Oilers for tanking, and of course the first year of the new rules move us from 2nd to 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad