2018 Olympics: What will be the fallout of Russian ban or boycott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
On Tuesday, December 5, Denis Oswald of the IOC will give his verdict on the penalty for alleged Russian doping violations. One outcome of speculation is that Russia will be banned from the Olympics altogether, while the other is that Russia will be allowed to participate as "neutral" parties without the Russian flag or identifying symbols. In the latter case, there is a likelihood that Russia will boycott the Olympics instead. What are the possible scenarios if either ban or boycott occurs?

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
The people doing this political attack think its going to 'stick it to Russia/Putin' and then join hands and sing Kumbaya or something lol. They are completely oblivious to the boomerangs.

Firstly the Olympics will be a total dud. It looked like a dud to begin with. The hockey and figure skating, the two most marquee things, will be totally ruined. I personally won't watch one second of it. If the IOC has no power to stop their own event from being a total dud, screw them.

This will come off as a horrible political attack and more and more people who have been disinterested in this topic will start asking questions such as what logical sense does this make. How can this be done on the 'evidence' that is just a criminal on the Russophobia industry payroll. How can someone be barred for no reason than their nationality.

I suspect that Russia will just have domestic competitions during this time with the same prizes.

The main longterm result I feel will be a big push for a multi polar sports world. Western elite basically has a monopoly on this and are cutting their nose off to spite their face all to try to do a political attack.

These people are just creating a headache for themself because now in the coming years their control of international sports is just going to be weened away. I almost don't mind the attack for this reason. Its annoying in the short term and makes my blood boil but these people are walking into a trap.

Another comical thing is a few months later will be the World Cup and this political bs at the Olympics will be long forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: ovikovy817

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
On Tuesday, December 5, Denis Oswald of the IOC will give his verdict on the penalty for alleged Russian doping violations. One outcome of speculation is that Russia will be banned from the Olympics altogether, while the other is that Russia will be allowed to participate as "neutral" parties without the Russian flag or identifying symbols. In the latter case, there is a likelihood that Russia will boycott the Olympics instead. What are the possible scenarios if either ban or boycott occurs?

As late as 2019 OSmald, McLaren and teh rest of it will start to get the recoil. It is a pity and their biggest crime the eathletes can't get their years of hard work back. Otherwise there will be a severe (political) backlash that will shake up the sports world I suppose. A lot will change after 2018.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Sure, get the Swiss to decide all of this. With all the dirty stolen money in their coffers they're going to make the right decision, no doubt about it.

As I read media coverage of this situation, not once do I see anyone suggest that perhaps the athletes should have a freaking union to protect their interests.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
These idiots are making the same mistake as Napoleon and his invasion of Russia. Russia largely let Napoleon come into Russia with little resistance - Russia is meeting this current attack with diplomacy and not taking provocations. Then there was a big battle outside of Moscow. The only resistance. The only resistance in the current attack has been refusal to endorse the Orwellian lies about state run doping.

Then Napoleon captures Moscow but the city has been burned down. Nothing gained, no surrender. Just as Russia won't surrender now and the burned down city is the dud the Olympic games will be and these attacks on Russian athletes won't achieve anything.

Then Napoleon finally realizes that their objectives against Russia won't be achieved and is decimated as they make their way out of Russia. Just as the IOC and these agencies will be decimated.

Something to remind these people is that even Hitler let the Jewish athletes compete in 1936. These people are literally worse than Hitler.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
These idiots are making the same mistake as Napoleon and his invasion of Russia. Russia largely let Napoleon come into Russia with little resistance - Russia is meeting this current attack with diplomacy and not taking provocations. Then there was a big battle outside of Moscow. The only resistance. The only resistance in the current attack has been refusal to endorse the Orwellian lies about state run doping.

Then Napoleon captures Moscow but the city has been burned down. Nothing gained, no surrender. Just as Russia won't surrender now and the burned down city is the dud the Olympic games will be and these attacks on Russian athletes won't achieve anything.

Then Napoleon finally realizes that their objectives against Russia won't be achieved and is decimated as they make their way out of Russia. Just as the IOC and these agencies will be decimated.

Something to remind these people is that even Hitler let the Jewish athletes compete in 1936. These people are literally worse than Hitler.

The biggest frustration is that it seems almost certain that Russia will win the Gold Medal in hockey if allowed to play. I can't imagine any country other than Russia winning it under these circumstances.

I hold out hope that it isn't over yet. The IOC bosses realize what a huge blow it will be to Olympic prestige if Russia is banned. I hold out hope that they will find some compromise that allows Russia to participate without neutering the national identity. Set up some kind of inspection regime for the future, but let the Olympics go on without any big political fiascos.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Rodchenkov is a real life David Gale, a person who is willing to sacrifice his life for a cause. He is Russia's special agent who is in sophisticated fashion exposes the sports elites in corruption, luck of common sense and complete destruction of previously accepted norms. The sports elites are completely delusional thinking they are hurting Russia and Putin. Instead they are only hurting themselves and quite frankly Olympic movement. This is a very necessary action by Russia to bring the balance of powers into norm. After USSR collapsed there was no longer a balance in the world of sports, it became heavily skewed and dysfunctional and the Olympic movement is barely alive. I believe in 2018 it will completely die after Russia will not be participating, however soon it will be re-born in a better form, but it will take some time.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
giphy.gif

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Once decisions start becoming politically motivated the domino effect will take the whole institution down.

And it's starting.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Yes I agree. This describes every Western elite institution from sports to Google. Its like suicide.

I think part of the reason Russia has used so much diplomacy is this reached the laws of diminishing returns long ago. I think they are surprised, as anyone rational is, that they are literally stripping and banning athletes and about to ban the team literally on the words of a criminal schitzophrenic on the Russophobia industry payroll. For anyone informed looking at that, its insane. But this is the Orwellian world we live in.

I try to talk some sense in the people doing the attack but they are far gone with their Russian derangement syndrome. And the second you say something not part of their goofy mantra you get hit with 'Russian bot' etc. They have themself convinced that attacking Russian athletes is the way to stick it to Russia/Putin.

So things are very Lord of the Flies. Once they ban the team its going to be like the end of the story when the Navy guy shows up and snaps the kids back into reality. Then people start to take notice of this, start asking the tough questions about the 'evidence' of doing this, start asking if this attack which will accomplish nothing was worth making an Olympics a complete dud and forever destroying any credibility in WADA and the IOC.

I wonder if on some level, like me, Russia is actually welcoming this because it will give the full motivation to start a multi polar sports world.

Reactions: Fantomas

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The biggest frustration is that it seems almost certain that Russia will win the Gold Medal in hockey if allowed to play. I can't imagine any country other than Russia winning it under these circumstances.

I hold out hope that it isn't over yet. The IOC bosses realize what a huge blow it will be to Olympic prestige if Russia is banned. I hold out hope that they will find some compromise that allows Russia to participate without neutering the national identity. Set up some kind of inspection regime for the future, but let the Olympics go on without any big political fiascos.

Their idea of compromise is to let Russian athletes participate but to eliminate all national symbols of Russia. This is not going to fly.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Their idea of compromise is to let Russian athletes participate but to eliminate all national symbols of Russia. This is not going to fly.

Supposedly Khayam said: "Before throwing dirt at somebody consider this: you might miss him, but the dirt on your hands will stick.". I hope those people learn it the hard way.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
I think another problem the IOC created for itself with the rubber stamp stripping of medals is the coming athletes court hearings. There will be a lot of political pressure on the judges to rule in the favor of the IOC. Some though with a conscious and adhering to the rule of law will vote in favor of the athlete.

All it takes is for one of these cases to go in favor of the Russian athlete citing a lack of evidence etc and its going to be a big headache for the IOC.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I think another problem the IOC created for itself with the rubber stamp stripping of medals is the coming athletes court hearings. There will be a lot of political pressure on the judges to rule in the favor of the IOC. Some though with a conscious and adhering to the rule of law will vote in favor of the athlete.

All it takes is for one of these cases to go in favor of the Russian athlete citing a lack of evidence etc and its going to be a big headache for the IOC.

The problem for Russian athletes is that IOC standards do not deem reasonable doubt to be a valid defense. In effect, the athlete has to prove one's innocence in order to absolve themselves of blame in the eyes of both the IOC and the Western media.

And of course proving one's innocence is next to impossible. This is a kind of medieval justice, where you're labeled a witch and might as well drown.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
The problem for Russian athletes is that IOC standards do not deem reasonable doubt to be a valid defense. In effect, the athlete has to prove one's innocence in order to absolve themselves of blame in the eyes of both the IOC and the Western media.

And of course proving one's innocence is next to impossible. This is a kind of medieval justice, where you're labeled a witch and might as well drown.

I really believe the IOC would love to just let the whole thing go without penalty now, and enact enforcement provisions later. Rodchenkov's allegations, and the so-called proof that he has provided, have put the IOC in the uncomfortable position of feeling they have to do something. I hope there is a middle ground that will just allow the athletes compete under their native flag. This is much too radical a step, and will only harm a lot of innocent athletes who have tortured themselves to prepare for these games.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Basically the neutral flag thing is just a way to appease the Russophobic nuts orchestrating the attack, Tygart and Melia, because the IOC can't fully stand up to the Western elite. The really annoying thing is the neutral flag thing still won't satisfy them. They will whine and cry about how Russia should have been banned. So Russia would have to go through the humiliation of the neutral flag and thats not even satisfying the people doing the attack.

This is why I almost wish Russia was just blanket banned. I would rather have that than the neutral flag nonsense, and this step will lead to much more boomerangs.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
from BBC:

Russia has been banned from competing at next year's Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang by the International Olympic Committee.
But Russian athletes who can prove they are clean would be allowed to compete in South Korea under a neutral flag.

Notice the wording. The onus is entirely on the athletes.

Time to see this for what it is: a war.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
from BBC:

Notice the wording. The onus is entirely on the athletes.

Time to see this for what it is: a war.

But only individuals can compete under a neutral flag, teams can't . Unless they make an exception. I personally think that banning an entire country is stupid.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
So the Olympics as we knew it are done. Stick a fork in them. Somehow NHL knew about upcoming mess and withdrew not willing to taint their name in this.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Sanctimonious bastards have set back winter sports for decades. No one will want to go to Beijining.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Basically the neutral flag thing is just a way to appease the Russophobic nuts orchestrating the attack, Tygart and Melia, because the IOC can't fully stand up to the Western elite. The really annoying thing is the neutral flag thing still won't satisfy them. They will whine and cry about how Russia should have been banned. So Russia would have to go through the humiliation of the neutral flag and thats not even satisfying the people doing the attack.

This is why I almost wish Russia was just blanket banned. I would rather have that than the neutral flag nonsense, and this step will lead to much more boomerangs.
I doubt many athletes will participate under the neutral flag

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
I hope there is a unified response from the athletes that they refuse to compete under a neutral flag. I think this is possible. This needs to be the response.

In the case of Rio the only one who competed as a neutral was Klishina and shes really only Russian in last name only. And that was only when they pulled this nonsense on the track team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad