2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know it's early but how does everyone see the first round playing out next year? What about guys who may be going later that you plan on targeting?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know it's early but how does everyone see the first round playing out next year? What about guys who may be going later that you plan on targeting?

Since I mostly play PPR, in some order:

Bell, Brown, Elliott, Gurley, D. Johnson, Fournette, Beckham, Hopkins, J. Jones, Kamara, Hunt, M. Thomas

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
First round seems like it'll be stacked next year, way better than usual.

After the stability of Brown, Bell and Elliott, due to various reasons OBJ, Johnson, and Julio have opened the door to guys like Hopkins, Gurley, Hunt, Fournette and Kamara, where it makes a bit of a mess of things at the top of the draft. And even after that, Green and Evans open the gates to guys like Cook and Thomas. I think you'll see an absolute ton of fluctuation in the first round and a half or so, where you'll see stuff like OBJ going top 5 in one draft, and then nearly sliding out of the 1st in another.

I think late first is going to be the spot to be. Hell, you'll probably get Julio in the 2nd this year.

All I know is that I will not be drafting Kamara. Guy is fantastic, but I can't trust those per carry averages when Ingram could be a comparable talent himself.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I didn't even mention players like 1600 yard 12 TD Melvin Gordon, 1,600 yard 8 TD LeSean McCoy, or 1,400 yard 6 TD Keenan Allen. What a mess.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
At the moment, who would be the second pick in rookie drafts? I know that it's super early, but Barkley is the obvious #1, right? Who is after him? Ridley, I guess?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Barkley #1 for sure. #2 is probably another RB, Guice.

I have two other RBs (Chubb & Michel) rounding out the top four.

Great RB & QB draft. WR will probably be average.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Barkley #1 for sure. #2 is probably another RB, Guice.

I have two other RBs (Chubb & Michel) rounding out the top four.

Great RB & QB draft. WR will probably be average.

I forgot about Guice.

Yeah, this draft doesn’t look like there will be many fantasy worthy receivers.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So what is everyone thinking for Cleveland's offense next year? Looks pretty impressive on paper, but it is the Browns afterall...

I think taking a RB 1st is crazy, but if they do take Barkley... that offense would have a ton of talent.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't take Barkley first overall in real life, but he's the easy pick for 1.1 in rookie drafts in my opinion.

If the Browns do take Barkley, and Joe Thomas comes back, he might creep into the top 20ish in one year leagues.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The biggest winner of free agency is Jerick McKinnon, right? Unless I'm missing someone?
It's great for him, but I don't really see anything amazing about the situation. SF is a solid run blocking team but the checkdown game to RBs nearly disappeared as soon as Garoppolo took over. Interestingly Juszczyk started to see an increase in targets/receptions. That might be because Hyde was genuinely bad as a 3rd down back, and his receiving snaps were cut down a bit, but it will still be something that will be interesting to track. Seriously doubt they don't feature McKinnon heavily in the passing game, but you never know.

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
Question for dynasty league go-ers. It’s a 2QB non-ppr (ugh) league. My QBs right now are Wentz, Mahomes and Alex Smith. And I also have the 6th pick in the rookie draft. One of the guys has been bugging me for months about trading him Mahomes (he wants to pair him up with Hill and Hunt on his team). I obviously don’t have to move him at all. But he does happen to have picks 1-5 as well as 9 and 11 in the upcoming draft. Question being, what would you think is fair to ask for if I do consider trading Mahomes. Pick wise obviously. Should I ask for a roster player st s different position back too? I mean, having no need to move him, I think I can ask for an overpayment of sorts if buddy really wants him that bad. Just looking for some opinions

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't trade him. Wentz might not be ready for Week 1. I bet the first five picks in a two QB league will be in no order Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield and Barkley.

He has picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11?

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
I wouldn't trade him. Wentz might not be ready for Week 1. I bet the first five picks in a two QB league will be in no order Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield and Barkley.

He has picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11?

Yah, I just joined the league last year taking over a team. I can only assume he sold most of his team off a few years before lol

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
In that format, Mahomes is worth less than the 1-1 but probably more than the 1-2. If you can get 1-1 straight up, you do it.

I'd also do it for 1-2 plus another 1st.

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
So he just offered Foles, Chris Carson, Kevin White, 3rd overall pick and 9th overall pick for Mahomes.

Basically he's getting Mahomes, Barkley and the QB of his choice with this deal. Which is why I'm hesitant to accept. Even though it does give me the 3rd 6th and 9th picks in the first

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So he just offered Foles, Chris Carson, Kevin White, 3rd overall pick and 9th overall pick for Mahomes.

Basically he's getting Mahomes, Barkley and the QB of his choice with this deal. Which is why I'm hesitant to accept. Even though it does give me the 3rd 6th and 9th picks in the first

I'd try for #2, #5, and Foles, but would settle on #2 & #9 for Mahomes. Maybe try to get a pick flip next year (his #1 for your #2?) or something added in.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I wouldn't take that, either. I'd always try to keep three QBs in a two QB league if possible.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey, guys.

I own Gronk in my main dynasty league. I am really worried about this retirement talk. Should I move him now or risk losing him for nothing? And if so, what should I ask for? It's a 12 team PPR with a flex, but you can't flex a tight end.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hey, guys.

I own Gronk in my main dynasty league. I am really worried about this retirement talk. Should I move him now or risk losing him for nothing? And if so, what should I ask for? It's a 12 team PPR with a flex, but you can't flex a tight end.

Really depends on where your team is at (contender or rebuilding?) and what other TE's you have on your roster. If you're a contender with no TE options, you probably need to roll with him for now unless you can get a decent TE back.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Really depends on where your team is at (contender or rebuilding?) and what other TE's you have on your roster. If you're a contender with no TE options, you probably need to roll with him for now unless you can get a decent TE back.

I had the second most points in the league last year, but I ended up as the 5th seed because of divisions (which ****ing sucks, but whatever). The team ahead of me in my division had an undefeated regular season.

The only other tight end on my roster is Delanie Walker, and he's really getting up there in age.

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Cooper, Nelson
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- L. Miller
K- Lutz
DEF- KC
BN- Stafford, Burkhead, Drake, Bernard, Westbrook, Hogan, Maclin, Fuller, Samuel, Walker
IR- Dixon, Meredith

12 team PPR

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I had the second most points in the league last year, but I ended up as the 5th seed because of divisions (which ****ing sucks, but whatever). The team ahead of me in my division had an undefeated regular season.

The only other tight end on my roster is Delanie Walker, and he's really getting up there in age.

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Cooper, Nelson
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- L. Miller
K- Lutz
DEF- KC
BN- Stafford, Burkhead, Drake, Bernard, Westbrook, Hogan, Maclin, Fuller, Samuel, Walker
IR- Dixon, Meredith

12 team PPR

Sounds like Gronk will be back. I think you just have to roll with him and try to win a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad