2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
With the offensive skill picks being incredibly thin in round 1 of the NFL draft, have any of the selections from round 1 of the draft altered your early fantasy projections? I feel like Barkley is the only guy from round 1 who would sneak into early round picks in fantasy. I love the guy as a player and athlete, but NYG need to put some work into that O-Line before I buy in on the kid. I think at this point he'll probably go a bit earlier than I'd be comfortable taking him. Pretty big risk-reward player.

I think this draft was the first in 8 or 9 years where a WR didn't go in the top 20 so obviously the picks of Moore (Carolina) and Ridley (Atlanta) merit some consideration, but I don't think we'll be considering either of them for an early round pick.

there's Hayden Hurst (TE) with Baltimore, and then Sony Michel (RB) with New England. That's it for round 1.

Strange draft. Guys from later rounds might end up having more of a fantasy impact than the guys in round 1.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Where these guys should go in dynasty rookie drafts:

Barkley - #1 overall
Penny - Top 6 pick
Michel - Top 6 pick
DJ Moore - Top 6 pick
Calvin Ridley - Mid 1st round
Hurst - mid 2nd round

Guice & Chubb should come off the board pretty quick in Rd 2. There's a few good landing spots, but Indy and Tampa have the picks and should take guys today.

In Superflex/2QB drafts, all 5 QB's are a mess and should go anywhere in the first round between picks 2-12 as of today.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I have picks 6, 12 and 24 for a dynasty (PPR). Should I try to move up or no?

The tier drop this year is around pick 12-14 unless its Superflex. I would hold at 6 and 12, but try to move 24 for a decent player or future draft pick.

If you can do 24 + a 2019 2nd for a 2019 1st it would be ideal.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
12 team PPR

QB- Andy Dalton
WR- Mike Evans
WR- JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR- Brandin Cooks
RB- Kareem Hunt
RB- Alvin Kamara
TE- Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Flex- Leonard Fournette
Flex- Sammy Watkins
SFlex- Duke Johnson
DEF- Chargers

BN- Jamison Crowder, Carlos Hyde, David Njoku, DeVante Parker, Alex Collins, Marlon Mack, Mitchell Tribusky, John Ross, Gerald Everett, Mack Hollins, Chris Godwin, Malcolm Mitchell, Ravens, Andrew Luck (ended on IR), Kenneth Dixon (ended on IR), Ryan Tannehill (ended on IR)

I finished in 5th, so I have the 8th pick and the 20th pick. I might get one of the QBs, but it'll probably be the one that falls to me (I won't have a choice.). I know that I badly need a QB. Without me posting all of the teams, what is a fair offer? I have way too many running backs.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
12 team PPR

QB- Andy Dalton
WR- Mike Evans
WR- JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR- Brandin Cooks
RB- Kareem Hunt
RB- Alvin Kamara
TE- Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Flex- Leonard Fournette
Flex- Sammy Watkins
SFlex- Duke Johnson
DEF- Chargers

BN- Jamison Crowder, Carlos Hyde, David Njoku, DeVante Parker, Alex Collins, Marlon Mack, Mitchell Tribusky, John Ross, Gerald Everett, Mack Hollins, Chris Godwin, Malcolm Mitchell, Ravens, Andrew Luck (ended on IR), Kenneth Dixon (ended on IR), Ryan Tannehill (ended on IR)

I finished in 5th, so I have the 8th pick and the 20th pick. I might get one of the QBs, but it'll probably be the one that falls to me (I won't have a choice.). I know that I badly need a QB. Without me posting all of the teams, what is a fair offer? I have way too many running backs.

I think you're fine at QB. Luck, Dalton, Tannehill, and Trubisky is solid in a Superflex league. If you aren't confident in Luck, trade him to someone for a more reliable QB.

As for the draft, I would just go BPA at 8 but QB looks like a solid investment to me. Either Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold should fall to around there. If you can move up from 20 and give up someone off the back end of your roster I would do it - I think the 12-16 area of the draft is great.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Kamara a top five pick in one year PPRs after the Ingram suspension? I hardly play one year leagues anymore, so I don’t know.

And 2nd and 3rd look like crappy spots for rookie drafts.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Is Kamara a top five pick in one year PPRs after the Ingram suspension? I hardly play one year leagues anymore, so I don’t know.

And 2nd and 3rd look like crappy spots for rookie drafts.

Yeah, but he was probably already right around a top five pick.

As for rookie drafts - it's a bit of a mess after Barkley. I really like Penny as the #2 choice as of today. In Superflex/2QB leagues there is some great depth through the first 16 or so picks. If anyone is in one of these leagues, trade up into that top 16-18 of Superflex.. it will be worth it.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I have a 4 keepers league, my first 3 keepers are OBJ Fournette L.Miller and I have one of T.Coleman, Graham and M.Bryant. I had in mind to go heavy back and keep Coleman and use my 5th overall to draft a guy like Penny or Guice?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I have a 4 keepers league, my first 3 keepers are OBJ Fournette L.Miller and I have one of T.Coleman, Graham and M.Bryant. I had in mind to go heavy back and keep Coleman and use my 5th overall to draft a guy like Penny or Guice?

Keeping Coleman and drafting a top RB seems like the best bet to me as well.

Reactions: Maitz

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I’d keep Coleman as well. I believe that he’s a free agent after this year.

I don’t play in limited keepers, but drafting Penny or Guice with close to a top 50 pick doesn’t seem like good value to me.

Reactions: Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

I don’t play in limited keepers, but drafting Penny or Guice with close to a top 50 pick doesn’t seem like good value to me.
There is not a lot of good RB available outside rookies RB, I thought about getting one of top rookie RB and then fill my WR in round 2-3, I might be able to grab a guy like Marvin Jones or Thielen as my 2nd WR

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Both of those guys are probably top 20 ranked RBs in a re-draft. So even if you assume around 20 of the 48 players kept are RBs then you are right in line in terms of RB value. On top of that, getting a rookie RB that could be a future keeper is a nice bonus vs a vet.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Both of those guys are probably top 20 ranked RBs in a re-draft. So even if you assume around 20 of the 48 players kept are RBs then you are right in line in terms of RB value. On top of that, getting a rookie RB that could be a future keeper is a nice bonus vs a vet.

Ah, okay. I really don't play one year leagues, either. I'm pretty much all dynasty leagues.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was hanging out with a friend the other day, and he told me that he has a 12 team startup dynasty draft on Thursday. It is a PPR league with a bonus point for a first down. He has the 8th pick.

I think in no order, Odell, Hopkins, Gurley, Elliott and Barkley will be gone for sure. Brown and Bell will probably be gone as well. Who is 8th? I feel like that's a pretty crappy spot to be in.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I was hanging out with a friend the other day, and he told me that he has a 12 team startup dynasty draft on Thursday. It is a PPR league with a bonus point for a first down. He has the 8th pick.

I think in no order, Odell, Hopkins, Gurley, Elliott and Barkley will be gone for sure. Brown and Bell will probably be gone as well. Who is 8th? I feel like that's a pretty crappy spot to be in.

I would think David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Mike Evans, and Michael Thomas would be the options. I bet either Brown or Bell falls to him - people don't want to pick the "old" player in Brown, and Bell has question marks about whether he will be in Pittsburgh long-term. I would pick DJ or Kamara over Bell.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I would think David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Mike Evans, and Michael Thomas would be the options. I bet either Brown or Bell falls to him - people don't want to pick the "old" player in Brown, and Bell has question marks about whether he will be in Pittsburgh long-term. I would pick DJ or Kamara over Bell.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if one (or both) of Bell or Brown is there. He loves having running backs for some reason.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The biggest positive for him was that the old coaching staff got fired. They loved old man Murray for some reason.

I really like what I saw last season from him. His vision strength and awareness are very good. Plus add on his speed and elusiveness for being 6'3 247.

I am hoping I can walk away with him in the 2nd round or even gamble on an early 3rd round.. dependent on draft order.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I really like what I saw last season from him. His vision strength and awareness are very good. Plus add on his speed and elusiveness for being 6'3 247.

I am hoping I can walk away with him in the 2nd round or even gamble on an early 3rd round.. dependent on draft order.

I hardly play in one year leagues anymore, so I couldn't tell you where to take him. But he looked great against KC in the playoffs.

They did sign Dion Lewis, but I still think Henry could be in line for a good season.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I hardly play in one year leagues anymore, so I couldn't tell you where to take him. But he looked great against KC in the playoffs.

They did sign Dion Lewis, but I still think Henry could be in line for a good season.

cant get into keeper leagues. Live draft parties/bbqs are too much fun and I find year leagues keeps it more fresh.

True. I have high hopes its Henry's year to shine. He was fun to watch in college.

also am liking Royce freeman with Denver as a very late sleeper pick. I cant see Booker breaking out this coming season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have yet to decide on this matter. It is the second year of a dynasty league that I'm running, so this is our first rookie draft. Should I make it 2 rounds or 3? No picks were traded yet. It is 12 teams.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
cant get into keeper leagues. Live draft parties/bbqs are too much fun and I find year leagues keeps it more fresh.

True. I have high hopes its Henry's year to shine. He was fun to watch in college.

also am liking Royce freeman with Denver as a very late sleeper pick. I cant see Booker breaking out this coming season.

Wait until you do a dynasty draft then - having those drafts when you get the player forever is way more exciting/interesting than any regular draft I've been in.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I have yet to decide on this matter. It is the second year of a dynasty league that I'm running, so this is our first rookie draft. Should I make it 2 rounds or 3? No picks were traded yet. It is 12 teams.

3 should be the minimum - many leagues do 4 or 5, but I think 3 is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->