Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Solder said the money was pretty much equal between Giants and Patriots.

Really surprising that if everything was equal he'd choose to leave given the medical situation with his boy. Must really be burnt out on the enviornment.

Maybe his wife has ties to NY. Tough to be home alone with a sick little one without family nearby.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Gillislee > Hill IMO. Hill is slow, and not as powerful. Will be interesting to see what get out is him. You guys still have a very talented and deep backfield
Gillislee was pretty terrible last year. Was bad at picking up the 3rd and short gains, which granted is also on the OLine to create a push, but it seemed like he never got one. He also couldn't get into the second level at all. Season long run of only 16 yards.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Amazing deal for the Colts.

The Jets apparently have top grades on at least 3 QBs for them to do that.

There is no consensus on any of those QBs being good.

Jets gotta Jet.

Reactions: DKH

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Baker Mayfield is just such a Jets pick. Guy with questions, that has a lot of hype, Jets will ruin him.

If I were a team who needed a QB and thought I could get Baker Mayfield in the late teens I would absolutely make that my game plan. He's just as likely to be a success as any of the guys at the top.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If I were a team who needed a QB and thought I could get Baker Mayfield in the late teens I would absolutely make that my game plan. He's just as likely to be a success as any of the guys at the top.
In the right setting, I think he could be successful. He's definitely got the tools.

Not at #3 though.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
In the right setting, I think he could be successful. He's definitely got the tools.

Not at #3 though.

Yeah, I wouldn't take any of them at 3.

That's why the Bill should just stay put. That might be early for Mayfield, but it's probably better value, especially for what they would have to do to get in the top 4.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Amazing deal for the Colts.

The Jets apparently have top grades on at least 3 QBs for them to do that.

There is no consensus on any of those QBs being good.

Jets gotta Jet.

It's such a typical Jet move. Identify who you want and then move up to get said person, regardless of cost. As a team in the middle of a rebuild, it's not the smartest strategy.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Jets should have just went with Bridgewater and kept their picks. He's better then giving all that up. In today's NFL you can compete pretty quickly, with cap space and lots of picks.

Sam Darnold is going to be the "next one" IMO years from now. He's my guy.

Reactions: McGarnagle

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's such a typical Jet move. Identify who you want and then move up to get said person, regardless of cost. As a team in the middle of a rebuild, it's not the smartest strategy.

They have loads of money and I guess it's about time they did something to get a franchise guy (debatable) obviously

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They have loads of money and I guess it's about time they did something to get a franchise guy (debatable) obviously

They have multiple holes to fill though, and sure, drafting a franchise QB will cover up for a lot of them, are any of the QB's coming out really going to end up as all pro type players? Not so sure.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They have multiple holes to fill though, and sure, drafting a franchise QB will cover up for a lot of them, are any of the QB's coming out really going to end up as all pro type players? Not so sure.

You're really never that sure though. At some point you need to just go for it IMO. Personally I think Bridgewater could be better than all of them, but with his injury they will play it safe.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Im on the fence about this trade at least from a Jets perspective. On one hand its good they got the 3rd overall to draft a QB. With most of the other NY sports teams not being that great except maybe Yankees having the 3rd overall pick and being able to potentially draft a franchise QB puts some excitement into the Jets. Helps them compete in the NY spot light.

On the other hand the Jets suck at drafting QBs and I cant really remember one they drafted that was all that great.

Colts I believe won this trade. Made out like bandits actually. Just moved down 3 slots to #6 overall so they could still potentially get the player they wanted at #3 but cheaper. They also have #37 and #49 picks 2nd and 3rd rounder players are nothing to scoff at. Also a 2nd next year.

Colts are smart. Getting Luck or whoever their QB is some offensive protection and help. Also can add some more D pieces

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Im on the fence about this trade at least from a Jets perspective. On one hand its good they got the 3rd overall to draft a QB. With most of the other NY sports teams not being that great except maybe Yankees having the 3rd overall pick and being able to potentially draft a franchise QB puts some excitement into the Jets. Helps them compete in the NY spot light.

On the other hand the Jets suck at drafting QBs and I cant really remember one they drafted that was all that great.

Colts I believe won this trade. Made out like bandits actually. Just moved down 3 slots to #6 overall so they could still potentially get the player they wanted at #3 but cheaper. They also have #37 and #49 picks 2nd and 3rd rounder players are nothing to scoff at. Also a 2nd next year.

Colts are smart. Getting Luck or whoever their QB is some offensive protection and help. Also can add some more D pieces

If the Colts don't get Barkley or Chubb I think they did a crappy job. Not a fan of guards at 6 or Alabama CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad