Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wait? What? Borges not reporting the truth? I'm shocked! Shocked I tell Ya !

Herald columnist’s scoop on Tom Brady turns out to be a hoax - The Boston Globe

Borges indicated in the column that he had multiple sources. But it was revealed on WEEI Friday morning that one of the station’s callers, “Nick in Boston,’’ had been texting Borges while pretending to be Don Yee, the agent for both Brady and Garoppolo. It appears that the fake Yee was Borges’s lone source.

The Herald, which teased the story off its front page and dedicated the full back page of Friday’s newspaper to the supposed scoop with the headline “$how Me The Money” and a picture of Brady, removed the story from its website Friday morning. At that time, sports editor Sean Leahy told media outlets that the newspaper was investigating the matter.

On Friday afternoon, the Herald issued the following statement: “A column by Ron Borges in today’s Herald regarding Patriot Tom Brady’s salary discussions was based on information which proved to be false. The Herald apologizes to Brady, his agent Don Yee, and the Patriots, and to our readers for this erroneous report. Borges’s column has been suspended pending further review.”

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
read an ESPN article how all 32 teams can surprise us.

Says Patriots drafted a QB in rounds 1-2. Sounds like it could be a BB type move however there are more pressing needs. DB, DL............

If I was the Pats GM my draft list would be.

DT
DB
DL
QB
TE
RB

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Wheel of Fortune is celebrating great American cities this week.

Tonight it’s Philadelphia.

Even Wheel is mocking me

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wheel of Fortune is celebrating great American cities this week.

Tonight it’s Philadelphia.

Even Wheel is mocking me

Last Sunday watching a local Philly newscast all the reporters were saying how well behaved the Eagles fans were compared to fans from New England :rant:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This phrase just escaped my lips:

You know what’s fun about football being over? Jeopardy is on Friday nights again

That’s it. Pack it in.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Playing my Madden game yesterday and my players were wearing Patriots Color Rush White jerseys and they looked crisp. I dont know if they have ever worn them in a real game but they don't sell them online.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Ah they wore them once. The combo of all white looks nice

usa_today_10329159.0.jpg

Reactions: smithformeragent

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ah they wore them once. The combo of all white looks nice

usa_today_10329159.0.jpg

Those are pretty sweet.

You know what, I'd like to see the uniforms get redone. People seem to hate the idea of it because they've been incredibly successful since they changed to the current ones, but it's been almost 20 years with the current set now. Aside from that time they expermented with the silver third jerseys for a year or two (that never went over well), and the throwbacks they wore for divisional games in the AFL 50th anniversary year, it's been the same week in and week out.

I'd really prefer they wear the old red throwbacks regularly. They just look so crisp.

If the league would get rid of that ridiculous one-helmet rule so teams could wear throwback third jerseys again, I'd like to see them at least wear the throwbacks 2 or 3 home dates a year.

Reactions: smithformeragent

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’d expect a rebrand after Brady and/or Belichick retire.

My preference would be the 80s-92 version of the reds, but I have a feeling they might try to “modernize” it ala the Dolphins and then wear the throwbacks as alternates in order to sell more merchandise.

The current uniforms aren’t awful, but there terribly outdated with the side panels, especially on the whites. I liked the silver pants on the 93-99 version of the Elvis set. The white pants reminded me of that.

In general, I’m a fan of the “stormtrooper” look of all white. Love the Leafs new stadium series uniforms.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I’d expect a rebrand after Brady and/or Belichick retire.

My preference would be the 80s-92 version of the reds, but I have a feeling they might try to “modernize” it ala the Dolphins and then wear the throwbacks as alternates in order to sell more merchandise.

The current uniforms aren’t awful, but there terribly outdated with the side panels, especially on the whites. I liked the silver pants on the 93-99 version of the Elvis set. The white pants reminded me of that.

In general, I’m a fan of the “stormtrooper” look of all white. Love the Leafs new stadium series uniforms.
See, I don't know what it is. I LOVE the all white Pats unis, but absolutely HATE the Leafs all-whites.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So the latest rumor I heard today on the radio is that Butler got in an altercation with BB sons Steve prior to game when he found out they where gunna start the game with Rowe on Jefferey. Altercation happened after inactive where turned in so that would explain why Butler was in uniform nut didn't play.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
So the latest rumor I heard today on the radio is that Butler got in an altercation with BB sons Steve prior to game when he found out they where gunna start the game with Rowe on Jefferey. Altercation happened after inactive where turned in so that would explain why Butler was in uniform nut didn't play.

Thats an old rumor. Butler did play on special teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad