2018 NHL Playoff Race Thread

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Even when they help us they cant do it right haha. Doesnt matter 1 point is better than 2, especially since most of us were prob expecting ducks to get 2. Plus they held 2 teams chasing us to 1 out of 4 points

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Does anyone have a total number of last minute comebacks from the Kings, Ducks and Sharks? I swear, if we had half as many last minute comebacks as any of them, we'd be comfortably in a playoff spot.

Just off the top of my head, here's the last minute comebacks I can think of.

Sharks against the Coyotes
Ducks against the Senators
Ducks against the Oilers
Kings against the Knights

That's just within the last month.

I can think of a whole lot more game tying goals with less than 5 minutes left as well.

Incredibly frustrating

Reactions: flames23

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I just assume that California will win 80% of their remaining games and that we will need to do something similar or get lucky and have Dallas or less likely Minny falter. Even if they do you've got the blues & avs trying to get back in as well.

There will be three very upset franchises when this all pans out, and of course we hope the Flames find a way to get in (and avoid the ducks).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hopefully we can take advantage and turn those into a good position for the playoffs.

Calgary always plays down to our competition. This is Calgary circa 2005.
That team had 46 wins; 25 loses, 11 OT loses; and still had a goal differential of 18.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calgary always plays down to our competition. This is Calgary circa 2005.
That team had 46 wins; 25 loses, 11 OT loses; and still had a goal differential of 18.

Actually, that hasn't really been a problem for this team lately. There are specific bad teams that are cursed against and may never beat, but overall when another team offers us a win, we generally take it.

All of our losses since the start of February have been to good teams or hot teams. The exception, I guess, is the Rangers the day after their GM lit a fire under them.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Actually, that hasn't really been a problem for this team lately. There are specific bad teams that are cursed against and may never beat, but overall when another team offers us a win, we generally take it.

All of our losses since the start of February have been to good teams or hot teams. The exception, I guess, is the Rangers the day after their GM lit a fire under them.

It's been a problem for what seems like forever :laugh:
This year we have losses to: Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal, Buffalo AND Ottawa.

The Edmonton ones especially stink. Those are wins, and we're firmly in a playoff spot.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's been a problem for what seems like forever :laugh:
This year we have losses to: Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal, Buffalo AND Ottawa.

The Edmonton ones especially stink. Those are wins, and we're firmly in a playoff spot.

Sure, but so do our competitors. The opponent also can play better or worse on a given day. Edmonton is a much better opponent when they play the Flames than, say, Boston when they rolled into Vancouver a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
SJ beating Edmonton 4-2 with under 10 to go in the 3rd and LA beating VGK 3-1 with ~18 minutes to go in the 3rd, doesn't look like we'll be receiving much OOT help tonight.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Schedule is really light the next 10 games. We need to go at least 7-3 and wins against Colorado and San Jose in that stretch would be big

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If we broke our season down into 10-game segments it would look like this:
5-5-0
7-3-0
4-4-2
4-4-2
5-1-4
5-4-1
2-1-0

WC2 is currently on pace for 95 points but if we assume the cutoff is 97 (to be safe), we need to go 6-4-0 in our next 10 games followed by 6-3-0. It really helps that we've got a favourable schedule

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If we broke our season down into 10-game segments it would look like this:
5-5-0
7-3-0
4-4-2
4-4-2
5-1-4
5-4-1
2-1-0

WC2 is currently on pace for 95 points but if we assume the cutoff is 97 (to be safe), we need to go 6-4-0 in our next 10 games followed by 6-3-0. It really helps that we've got a favourable schedule

A lot of California games in that last 9 game segment. All the four point games are going to be big. If we win at the right time 2nd in the division could possibly still be up for grabs, bit of a long shot without a solid streak and some help from the OOTSB at this point though

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
I am away from town for a few days and we are at the bottom of the western playoff race?? Hopefully we pick it up. That 5-2 loss against Colorado stings though.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I am away from town for a few days and we are at the bottom of the western playoff race?? Hopefully we pick it up. That 5-2 loss against Colorado stings though.
I blame you for the losses then - you best be watching every remaining game, because we certainly need the help :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad