2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
OK, here is my buzz

After Boston eats our lunch tonight and then make a big roster add tomorrow and EK ends up in Tbay tomorrow

sweet Lou wakes up and moves our important UFAs on Monday.
Hmm almost makes me ok with a loss tonight then... glass half full, I like it

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Lou will make a big move. The deadline is the worst possible time to be a buyer. But in a fairytale world, if we were to land a big name player, I would hope for it to be Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

I think we'll get a Luke Glendening and maybe another minor deal or two.

I really don't want to that Owen Nolan kind of deal again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Friedman says Leafs are targeting Glendening, Letestu and Plekanec for the 4th line center.

Plekanec would be great, as weird as it would be

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I wouldn't mind Plekanec. Moore, Moore and a pick? Or maybe Rychel and a pick, since Grundstrom and Korshkov will play in the Calder Cup Playoffs.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I wouldn't mind Plekanec. Moore, Moore and a pick?
I just feel like Plekanec is even softer than Moore and isn’t a better face off man; may be better defensively and offensively more talented, but worth giving up futures for? Meh, dunno about that tbh.

Now, turn Bozak into more than you give up for Pleks, sure, sounds like smart asset mgt to me. But you gotta figure price would null out as the same

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good. Take the cheapest of the 3.
No take the best fit for the team moving forward. Which really only leaves Glendening. And if you don't see that as a fit, do nothing. We don't need another rental, got enough of them.
I don't want to give Edmonton or Montreal anything for their asset grab at the deadline.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
went to the Auto Show today, glad I didn't miss anything.......................

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Is it too much to ask you to lose it privately instead of spewing garbage all over these boards?

I assure you, it is. There's a mob waiting to unload their emotions over the next couple days. You've been warned.. :laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Will be interesting to see what does happen. I expect some moves whether they are large or pretty small remains to be seen.

It may not happen this year, but eventually the Leafs are going to move futures to reinforce the present. Just the way of things.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I think its a lock the Leafs land Letestu or Glendening at this point.

I can see Letestu being the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad