2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's that time of year again! This a thread I typically do most years leading up to the deadline to discuss the overall Leafs deadline, different rumors, targets, etc. League Trade Talk and heavy debates can remain in the Trade discussion thread. Ideally, this thread is a collective space to keep track of any leaf rumors/transactions, with some light discussion

Confirmed News;

February 20th 2018

February 15th 2018

Latest Buzz;

- On Headlines, Friedman and Kypreos mentioned the following names when talking about the Leafs deadline plans; Tomas Plekanec, Mark Letestu, Luke Glendening, Ryan McDonagh and Mike Green

- Elliotte Friedman also suggested on his podcast that the Maple Leafs could be looking at a lateral move. Trading a current player for a return, and then using that return to help acquire someone else on their radar.

- Elliotte Friedman revealed on his podcast that Luke Glendening to Toronto is "very real" he he won't be a surprise when it happens. He expects the Leafs to send a body back to Detroit, possibly Josh Leivo, along with a draft pick.

- Pierre Lebrun revealed that Ryan McDonagh has the Maple Leafs on his "yes" list, or rather, not on his 10 team list he can block a trade too. The Maple Leafs and Rangers can make a deal for Ryan McDonagh, without his permission.

- Reid Wilkins, host of Insider Sports and Oilers Hockey on 630 CHED Edmonton, stated the Maple Leafs have inquired about Mark Letestu. It's believed the Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Philadelphia Flyers also have interest in the veteran center.

- Elliotte Friedman reported in his 31 Thoughts column that the Maple Leafs would prefer to send a contract back in any deal for Luke Glendening. He suggested the Leafs may have offered Nikita Soshnikov at one point, and wondered if Josh Leivo could enter the discussion. He stated that in terms of a draft pick, the Leafs and Wings have a couple rounds to go before coming to any kind of agreement.

- Maple Leafs offered Detroit a 5th Round Pick for Luke Glendening. Detroit countered with a 2nd Round Pick. Talks broke off - Per TSN.

- Craig Custance, the Wings beat for The Athletic, suggested the Wings would likely need to retain on Luke Glendening's salary in any deal

- Per Sportsnet Headlines, the Canucks have told teams, including the Maple Leafs, that it would take a "special offer" to acquire Chris Tanev. Speculated asking price appears to be a 1st Round Pick + Prospect + Roster Player

- According to Elliotte Friedman, the Leafs have reportedly kicked tires on Patrick Maroon, but also adds it wouldn't make sense without another move

- According to TSN and Sportsnet, the Maple Leafs are on Rick Nash's list of teams he would accept a trade too.

Speculated Targets;
Luke Glendening [DET]
Mike Green [DET]
Ryan McDonagh [NYR]
Chris Tanev [VAN]
Mark Letestu [EDM]
Patrick Maroon [EDM]
Rick Nash [TOR]
Jack Johnson [CBJ]
Boone Jenner [CBJ]
Niklas Hjalmarsson [ARI]
Tomas Plekanec [MTL]

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If Hjalmarsson is truly available he would be a better add than Tanev in that he is more durable and has Cup rings. He is a Left handed shot though.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'm sorry but why are Columb selling? They are in a life and death battle to make the POs.
I thought around here, "own rentals" is the RULE?
Rags only 5p back of the POs and they selling?

Well so much for "anything can happen" just gotta get in ;)

hrmm interesting.

No thanks, don't want anything from that list, given the cost involved.

Cor you making a prediction ? Nash (tor)?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

2 scouts from Vancouver. They don't play us or the Panthers in their remaining games.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Curious of what CBJ would want for Jenner. He is RFA so it is a hockey trade, not a rental. He is a solid power forward who would be a consistent 25g scorer playing in our top 6. He would be great to have on the left side of either AM or Kadri lines.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There's not much on that roster that I'd actually want besides the guys they won't trade

Tanev is probably the only name I'd watch out for. I know they say the price is high and all but I've seen trades become a lot more reasonable when they are done.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Tanev is probably the only name I'd watch out for. I know they say the price is high and all but I've seen trades become a lot more reasonable when they are done.

Possible, I'd be surprised if they moved him this TDL though

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He' out for 3-4 weeks so that may kill the trade buzz around him. I agree though Canuck fans think he will get more than he probably will.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
While I don’t think there’s a blockbuster on the horizon, it does seem like they’re clearing out contract slots for potential trades

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
While I don’t think there’s a blockbuster on the horizon, it does seem like they’re clearing out contract slots for potential trades

We'll add something but I agree it's doubtful we grab a big name. Plakanec is my big hope and that seems like wishful thinking on my part.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm sorry but why are Columb selling? They are in a life and death battle to make the POs.

Johnson requested a trade a little while ago. Don't know any possible circumstances with Jenner, perhaps new contract related as an RFA? Agree they'd likely be looking for hockey trade(s) first.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Lou is clearing the deck for a couple of moves. My guess is we don't go big, but add a 4th line centre and a depth defenceman for mid round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad