2018 NHL Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A lot of trades are setup months in advance, so it could be to setup something in the future though... who knows.

The off-season seems like the more realistic time to move a chip like Tanev

Sportsnet 960 just suggested someone in Vancouver was hinting that the Gudbranson deal might be a sign and trade?

The horror.

I thought I couldn't want him less before but Benning gonna Benning

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Luke Glendening and Justin Braun is all I want this year :) 4c and RHD, bumping Zaitzev down to 3rd pairing.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Expect a few trades tomorrow and that we'll see some sprinkled through the rest of the week.

Me, yesterday. Woke up this afternoon to see a few trades :)

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
id personally offer up a 1st plus kap for Tanev. I would push for a less prospect tham kap but if hes healthy he could help a lot

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm still waiting for one of the bigger guys to go to set the market, once that happens things should get interesting

Yeah because usually that means someone missed out on a guy they wanted and then don't wanna miss out on plan B...and another team happens to want him too...and it just becomes an arms race.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah because usually that means someone missed out on a guy they wanted and then don't wanna miss out on plan B...and another team happens to want him too...and it just becomes an arms race.

It's going to be interesting to see who goes first and for what

Hopefully there's some nice depth pieces we can pick up on the cheap while everybody fights over the big ticket players

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

2 scouts from Vancouver. They don't play us or the Panthers in their remaining games.

Show casing Kapi for a deal with the Nucks? I hope not. Brown? Even Gards? Maybe there is a Tanev deal? Although maybe its Petrovic or Bjugstad from Fla. These latter might be the best explanation as neither is thriving and bother are young enough to be part of a rebuild.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
We'll add something but I agree it's doubtful we grab a big name. Plakanec is my big hope and that seems like wishful thinking on my part.

He might be okay. He was always more valuable than his scoring stats but is he a quality 4th liner now? I probably want him more than the guy from Detroit because he was a decent middle 6 guy two years ago so he can play higher in the lineup than Glendening in a pinch. To me he seems still more a cheap Bozak replacement than a Moore upgrade.

Edit. Over 16:00 TOI and 1000 face offs so clearly he is a low producing #3C. I think you could get more from the Pens for Boz than Plek costs from the Habs. Neilsen to Montreal, and a Penguins 2nd to TO. Done.

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He might be okay. He was always more valuable than his scoring stats but is he a quality 4th liner now? I probably want him more than the guy from Detroit because he was a decent middle 6 guy two years ago so he can play higher in the lineup than Glendening in a pinch. To me he seems still more a cheap Bozak replacement than a Moore upgrade.

Edit. Over 16:00 TOI and 1000 face offs so clearly he is a low producing #3C. I think you could get more from the Pens for Boz than Plek costs from the Habs. Neilsen to Montreal, and a Penguins 2nd to TO. Done.

He creates options. I think he would be the ultimate #4C. I don't see us trading away C depth before the playoffs. Injuries happen. I'll wager even if we get a C Moore is kept for that reason let alone Bozak. Not a popular opinion but a realistic one IMO.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why are the Leafs trading Kapanen? I think he stays and if anything Gards goes

Pretty much. Or the UFA's. Or a handful of expendable prospects.

Trading Kapanen goes against not trading the future (or at least the future who have major roles coming up), which they said they would not do.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Lou is not interested in Glendening anymore. As per TSN, Wings asking price was a 2nd rounder. He offered a 5th.

They'll probably meet in the middle, something like a 3rd/4th and a prospect like Dzierkals or something small.

If we do end up getting Glendening though, we need to ship another roster player out to fit him. I assume Martin will have to go, maybe Leivo if the return is good?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Friedman’s report is odd.

Says the Leafs can’t do it for just a draft pick as they got to 48 contracts and wouldn’t want to go back to 50 for Glendening (48+1=50??)

Then says the Leafs may have offered Soshnikov for Glendening at one point.

So maybe now Leivo could be sent to Detroit.

But then says the key would be a draft pick, but the two sides are a couple rounds from agreeing on that, which seems to refer to the TSN report.

Does Friedman think or know we have another move lined up, which is why he said we’d be at 50 contracts if we added Glendening?

Did the Leafs offer Soshnikov and when they traded him to the Blues then started discussing a draft pick deal? Have the Leafs now offered Leivo? Or is it Leivo and some sort of pick?

There just seems to be a lot of holes/inconsistencies in Friedman’s report

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Friedman’s report is odd.

Says the Leafs can’t do it for just a draft pick as they got to 48 contracts and wouldn’t want to go back to 50 for Glendening (48+1=50??)

Then says the Leafs may have offered Soshnikov for Glendening at one point.

So maybe now Leivo could be sent to Detroit.

But then says the key would be a draft pick, but the two sides are a couple rounds from agreeing on that, which seems to refer to the TSN report.

Does Friedman think or know we have another move lined up, which is why he said we’d be at 50 contracts if we added Glendening?

Did the Leafs offer Soshnikov and when they traded him to the Blues then started discussing a draft pick deal? Have the Leafs now offered Leivo? Or is it Leivo and some sort of pick?

There just seems to be a lot of holes/inconsistencies in Friedman’s report

We can't add him because we're still at 23 men on the roster. Perhaps that is what he's trying to say.

Reactions: Budsfan

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
What do people think of a Gardiner/Hjalmarsson base? We get older, but it also stabilizes our D big time. Zaitsev would look a lot better with Hammer by his side.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
3 moves I’d make for the deadline...

Carrick + 2nd in 18 + 4th in 19 (Stl)
For
Hjalmarsson

Gauthier (contract) + 3rd (SJ)
For
Glendening (500k retained per year)

JVR
To highest bidder
1st + 3rd + B level prospect (or something comparable)

Then bring Leivo into the lineup and have Johnsson waiting in the wings.

Now is not the time to sell the farm or stray from the path we’re on. Let’s insulate the youth we have on this team. With these moves they make us better contenders, and increase our chances of squeaking through a few rounds. Our rookies/sophomores gain much needed experience and who knows what can actually happen come playoff time...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad