Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft - Hawks picking 8 and 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Do you evaluate Bouchard really that high? Because I had some bad feelings about him but I trust you more.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
he is listed as a C, a lot of kids are - he hasn't played center at all this year...and I don't recall him playing on the u-17 team as center either last year. he played some prior to joining the USNDP, but that is about it. maybe he spot filled in with some injuries but nothing consistent if any.

he could play center in the NHL, maybe he can transition one day, but he is deadly on the rush coming down the wing, why change that like some others have said as well..I dont know.

he got cut from the WJC this yr and his team just kept him on wing. it is there that he is great at and like you said, keep him there. that is instant success formula for him putting up points.

what i am surprise about is none of the so called experts are even considering saying he plays like a power forward for the new era of hockey.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can honestly say, too young to care about the Hawks picks back in the pre-cup era. It is rough because this pick at number 6 is francise-deciding (in the TKK era) and I'm personnaly stressed about it lol
this pick can make or further break this franchise- there is a lot riding on it especially considering this is a solid draft with a lot of talent - high end as well. getting a top 5-7 pick can set us back on track if we get the right kid, if we pick the wrong one like a Kyle Beach again - f*** it, its game over man!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Do you evaluate Bouchard really that high? Because I had some bad feelings about him but I trust you more.

yes. next to Dahlin he is far and away the best defensemen for me. he has some flaws, takes the odd shift off and fades a bit in games, but the kid plays monster minutes and gets tired out there. on skill alone, this kid can play right now in this league- some say his outlet passing is the best they have seen in years in accuracy and strength. the kid can do it all, and is also a RD. I would be very happy if this is the guy we get - and oh yeah, he plays in the NHL next year if the right team selects him, namely us.

Reactions: LDF and migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i have had Bouchard in the early teens in this draft and i am sorry but i still can't see, granted it is by the way of the articles i have read, some are saying he is rising.

hell i have Serron Noel - rw as a true power forward who can score big time goals as a early teen.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
this pick can make or further break this franchise- there is a lot riding on it especially considering this is a solid draft with a lot of talent - high end as well. getting a top 5-7 pick can set us back on track if we get the right kid, if we pick the wrong one like a Kyle Beach again - **** it, its game over man!
wow, this is an excellent pov and something i didn't think about.

however with ref to Beach, i am sorry to say this, this is what i see in Tkachuk. but beach problem was he didn't listen to his coaches and was a know it all kind of a player.

the production side is what i am comparing Tkachuk to beach, not his personality, i read he is a great kid personality wise. that is kudos to his father and mother upbringing. good for them.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
yes. next to Dahlin he is far and away the best defensemen for me. he has some flaws, takes the odd shift off and fades a bit in games, but the kid plays monster minutes and gets tired out there. on skill alone, this kid can play right now in this league- some say his outlet passing is the best they have seen in years in accuracy and strength. the kid can do it all, and is also a RD. I would be very happy if this is the guy we get - and oh yeah, he plays in the NHL next year if the right team selects him, namely us.
Remember when we used to stretch the ice with amazing outlet passes. Can we do that again, please? Could we get more than 26 goals from our D COMBINED.

Everyone on the ice needs to be a threat. Give me Forsling, a D at our draft pick, Jokiharju and rejuvinated Keith, thanks.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wouldn't use a Top 10 pick on Bouchard, personally.
the beauty of scouting and seeing different things with players!

the two CHL teams I have watched the most this year are Portland and London.

I have come away with 3 things:

• Cody Glass will be a superstar and Vegas hit the jackpot with him.

• Kieffer Bellows will be a Brock Boeser lite in the NHL next year

• Evan Bouchard is the real deal and will be the 2nd best defender taken from this draft

Reactions: migi and Taze em

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
pretty much the same that i can remember reading. great pov.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Remember when we used to stretch the ice with amazing outlet passes. Can we do that again, please? Could we get more than 26 goals from our D COMBINED.

Everyone on the ice needs to be a threat. Give me Forsling, a D at our draft pick, Jokiharju and rejuvinated Keith, thanks.

The coaching staff has taken that play away but restricting the D's ability to skate the puck up the ice. We are far too predictable at this point.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Do you put Dobson over him and would use top10 pick on Dobson? Because I really like him. Obviously havent seen these guys that much.
i know you didn't mean this for me. but ref to Dobson, no Bouchard is a better selection and are, imo both being selected right after the other.

that is in the teens.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

it has been so long ago, I barely remember it!! it is almost like a folktale story to tell now.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Who is a comp for Bouchard? I've seen Doughty a couple times.

I hope we go BPA and not draft for need, which is RHD. Rather we let the draft dictate which direction we go. If BPA is a forward, then use the Preds pick + Anisimov + cap space to get that top 4 defenseman. If BPA is a defenseman, go that route and add a De Haan or Moore in free agency and keep the Preds pick + Anisimov.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the beauty of scouting and seeing different things with players!

the two CHL teams I have watched the most this year are Portland and London.

I have come away with 3 things:

• Cody Glass will be a superstar and Vegas hit the jackpot with him.

• Kieffer Bellows will be a Brock Boeser lite in the NHL next year

• Evan Bouchard is the real deal and will be the 2nd best defender taken from this draft
really with Bouchard that kool everyone has an opinion.

for me i really, i mean REALLY like Adam Boqvist and see a young Keith in him and i have him pegged as the 2nd d-men in this draft. i do not know why i am still seeing Q Hughes as a lite Pokka......

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
it has been so long ago, I barely remember it!! it is almost like a folktale story to tell now.
So boring from the back end. Early 2010s Sharp scored all his shit off that. Saad needs that, Debrincat with a lane could live off that. I think you get some more offensive minded D in the fold the positive externality is that all that rush skill, that odd man break skill, flourishes againg

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So boring from the back end. Early 2010s Sharp scored all his **** off that. Saad needs that, Debrincat with a lane could live off that. I think you get some more offensive minded D in the fold the positive externality is that all that rush skill, that odd man break skill, flourishes againg

This team used to be so damn good at transitioning out of their own zone. Too many times you watch a game this year and it's just carelessness with the puck, constant turnovers in the NZ. They can't consistently complete any pass let alone a nice stretch pass.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Who is a comp for Bouchard? I've seen Doughty a couple times.

I hope we go BPA and not draft for need, which is RHD. Rather we let the draft dictate which direction we go. If BPA is a forward, then use the Preds pick + Anisimov + cap space to get that top 4 defenseman. If BPA is a defenseman, go that route and add a De Haan or Moore in free agency and keep the Preds pick + Anisimov.
I was just going t say Doughty...lol...just bigger body and better shot, but his other attributes are very Doughty esq.

for what it is worth, I do see a lot of John Carlson in Bouchard - same build, same shot, just Bouchards passing is elite...I think Bouchard can be a John Carlson type which is damn good

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I was just going t say Doughty...lol...just bigger body and better shot, but his other attributes are very Doughty esq.

What about Wahlstrom? Seems to be a high riser and possibly the 'sleeper' of the draft, as in might not be taken top 5 but has superstar potential.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Signing off, give me a D that cuts a zone entry off, outlets it for an odd man break. I don't care if he's 5 feet tall.

Or give me Tkachuk. I haven't decided yet :laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad