Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Alexeeyev sounds like the guy who you always will want more from and think is capable of more, but he's on the waiver wire in a few years. More accurately... Alex Alexeeyev sounds like an NHL 18 name that comes out like four or five years into a dynasty.

I guess you make a point. I also kind of think: sounds like a guy you don't want to watch Yzerman call on.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
With the current picks(hope to have more):

Disclaimer, I think the Wings get 6th. Players taken ahead of 6th:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Tkachuk
Zadina
Ty Smith

1st: Wahlstrom
2nd: Dellandrea
2nd: Rasmus Sandin
3rd: Daniel Dvorak
4th: Busby
5th: Der-Arguchintsev
6th: Johnny Gruden
7th: Bradley Ginnell

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If the name is basic you likely won’t be a star

How many Wilsons are there in the league? How about smith? How many have played in the nhl between 2007-2017 and have been a star

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
With the current picks(hope to have more):

Disclaimer, I think the Wings get 6th. Players taken ahead of 6th:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Tkachuk
Zadina
Ty Smith

1st: Wahlstrom
2nd: Dellandrea
2nd: Rasmus Sandin
3rd: Daniel Dvorak
4th: Busby
5th: Der-Arguchintsev
6th: Johnny Gruden
7th: Bradley Ginnell

You don't think Boqvist will be gone and/or you don't want Boqvist? Interesting. I'm trying to find out more about Kupari. May be the only good center option in our range. Although I don't mind Veleno. Jack McBain is a real wildcard, being an OJHL guy,

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You don't think Boqvist will be gone and/or you don't want Boqvist? Interesting. I'm trying to find out more about Kupari. May be the only good center option in our range. Although I don't mind Veleno. Jack McBain is a real wildcard, being an OJHL guy,

I forgot about Boqvist. He will probably go top 5. Personally I am not a fan of his. Way too riverboat for me, same with Merkley.

Kupari is a solid option around Detroit's range. Good skill set.

McBain I would have to trust scouts. His size and scouting reports suggest he will be an impact player.

Not a fan of Veleno. He was thought to be a top offensive guy, but I don't see it. This year, he should dominate, but he doesn't.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Alexeyev and Dobson upgraded to "A" prospects. Just to counter the optimistic Dahlin stuff, it looks like we're drafting in the teens. Sorry, I know.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
Alexeyev and Dobson upgraded to "A" prospects. Just to counter the optimistic Dahlin stuff, it looks like we're drafting in the teens. Sorry, I know.

With a little more that 60 games left, we won't have a clue about where we're drafting for another couple months. All you can do is hope the lottery balls are in the Wings favor

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
With a little more that 60 games left, we won't have a clue about where we're drafting for another couple months. All you can do is hope the lottery balls are in the Wings favor
while that may be true, hopefully we pick high and low in round 1 after selling Green. I was just watching some Lundestrom clips and he looks very quick and strong on his skates, would be very happy with a second first round pick like that. Of course I am looking forward to seeing more at WJC. We've heard lots about Dahlin and Boqvist, I'm interested in seeing/hearing more about Lundestrom and Olofsson. Might be time to give Hakan a first round selection (if we have extra).

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
If a team would be willing to take green right now that would be great.... no one will do it until we're at the deadline though. Too much can go wrong between now and then for both Green and the interested team.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
I think we'll pick somewhere between 5-10, so I am hoping we can grab one of the Hughes/Boqvist/Wilde trio.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I am hoping for a dman with our first pick. Still butthurt about not drafting Necas or Vilardi.. I'm hoping this draft lives up to its height and would love adding another 1st rounder

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We aren’t trading green if we’re picking in the teens. Holland will keep him to try and make the playoffs

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If the name is basic you likely won’t be a star

How many Wilsons are there in the league? How about smith? How many have played in the nhl between 2007-2017 and have been a star

Not many players are stars period but I find that people tend to overlook guys with boring last names because the star connotation obscures the generic name.

Price
Weber
Miller
Hall
Johnson
Perry
Simmonds
Fisher
Matthews
O’Rielly
Gallagher
Carter
Brown
Monahan
Hamilton
Ward
Doughty
Williams
Nash
Rielly
Mackinnon
Callahan
Myers
Ryan
Burns
Kane
Thornton
Keller
Johansen

These are all guys who have been great for a notable stretch of their career if not stars themselves at one point in the past half decade or so. Think we just forget their name is so generic because we recognize them as great players.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
If we follow the habits of DRW drafting, we can probably solve this thing. Player X will either be from Michigan, Sweden, or the Guelph Storm.
Cameron Hillis, Center, Guelph Storm. I'm calling it, we're taking him

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Another player I am starting to like more and more is Dominik Bokk. He looks like a 1st round-talent to me.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If we follow the habits of DRW drafting, we can probably solve this thing. Player X will either be from Michigan, Sweden, or the Guelph Storm.

I don’t know. If we’re in a position where Veleno is reasonable, I think a Wright-led scouting staff takes him. Reads like one of our picks to a T. Larkin-seque if Larkin were more highly regarded as a young teen.

I’m legitimately scared of us drafting a defenseman though. I really worry about our ability to select and develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad