2018 NCAA Basketball Coaching Carousel

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I remember when Pitt was a 1 seed in the tournament in 2011? I guess moving to the ACC hasn't been a good move thus far.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Let them. It’ll be like Joe Mullaney’s last run at Providence.

They’ll steal Hurley from URI.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For the sake of human decency any school that even thinks of hiring Pitino should be burned to the ground and have salt poured on the ground on which it stood. How he wasn't hit with a show cause penalty I have no idea.

Reactions: DaveG and Voight

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
David Padgett lost any chance of having the interim tag at Louisville removed IMO when he accepted the NIT invitation rather than turning it down as a proverbial middle finger to the NCAA for how they have treated the basketball program there this season (taking away their 2013 title, then not inviting them to the 2018 NCAAs to give them a chance to get a title back).

Mark Few should become the new Louisville coach. He's done great for Gonzaga (congrats on beating my Buckeyes...again). It's time for him to move on from being a big fish in a small pond. The ACC is filled with all kinds of great coaches. Williams, Boeheim, Krzyzewski, to name a few.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
David Padgett lost any chance of having the interim tag at Louisville removed IMO when he accepted the NIT invitation rather than turning it down as a proverbial middle finger to the NCAA for how they have treated the basketball program there this season (taking away their 2013 title, then not inviting them to the 2018 NCAAs to give them a chance to get a title back).
Louisville was a clear bubble team. It's not like they were a major snub. And turning down the NIT is an example of the classic idiom "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Louisville was a clear bubble team. It's not like they were a major snub. And turning down the NIT is an example of the classic idiom "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"

I can tell you Louisville deserved to be in more than Oklahoma (case in point, Louisville made final 8 of NIT while OU lost in the first round of the NCAA). And more schools should turn down the NIT or lesser tournaments. I was not pleased when Ohio State won the 2008 NIT a year after losing the NCAA title game. For major programs, an NIT title is the black sheep of accomplishments in college basketball (UCLA does it right and disowns their 1985 NIT title).

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I can tell you Louisville deserved to be in more than Oklahoma (case in point, Louisville made final 8 of NIT while OU lost in the first round of the NCAA). And more schools should turn down the NIT or lesser tournaments. I was not pleased when Ohio State won the 2008 NIT a year after losing the NCAA title game. For major programs, an NIT title is the black sheep of accomplishments in college basketball (UCLA does it right and disowns their 1985 NIT title).
So Louisville deserved to be there more than UVA? Okay. Oklahoma’s resume is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad