2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mariners had their big relievers resting after using them in 3 straight and the Astros take full advantage.

Ugly start for Arrieta in SD.

Great comeback win for the Braves!

And the Mariners tie it in the 9th on a Healy homer. Wow.

They then proceed to win it in the 10th thanks to a Haniger RBI double. Another 1 run win for them. Diaz closes it out as he works on a 4th straight day. The Astros are reeling and if the A's win, that lead is down to 2 and 1/2.

Last edited:
Reactions: IslesFan2017

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Padres last 10 games against the Cubs/Brewers/Phillies: unless they implode late today, they’ll have a winning record of 6-4 record against those teams. Split in Wrigley, take 2 of 3 vs Milwaukee/Philly.

I thought SD would be what the Orioles/Royals would be (ie ghastly), but if anything they are slightly below average and pesky.

The question is, will their vaunted high ranked farm system ever reap the rewards and can they actually make a surprise run soon?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What distance do you think you guys could throw a baseball in feet?
In my peak baseball days me and my buddies would set up on each side of the football field and toss it as far as we could. Every once in awhile I would go goal line to goal line, but I can't imagine throwing it that far AND putting it where you want to.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I am so glad that the Mariners keep winning and putting the pressure on the A's and Astros in the AL West race. I'm really hoping that they can make a postseason run since the Seattle faithful haven't had much to cheer for over the last 18+ seasons. It should be an exciting race in the AL West and the AL Wild Card.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I am so glad that the Mariners keep winning and putting the pressure on the A's and Astros in the AL West race. I'm really hoping that they can make a postseason run since the Seattle faithful haven't had much to cheer for over the last 18+ seasons. It should be an exciting race in the AL West and the AL Wild Card.
The A's took over the wc lead like a week ago. It's not as if the Mariners are fighting back or anything.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
The A's took over the wc lead like a week ago. It's not as if the Mariners are fighting back or anything.
Well yeah, but all three teams are close in the standings as of right now. I know that the A's have been on fire since June, and I have a feeling that they will be in it to the end, but it should still be competitive. The Mariners looked shaky the past few months, but they just swept the Astros to make things more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad