2018 Memorial Cup Final (Acadie-Bathurst Titan Are the Champions!) 3-0 Over Pats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Acadie-Bathurst vs. Swift Current today @ 4PM ET on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

I don't know if I'll get to watch the game, but if I do, it would be my first time watching Heponiemi of Swift Current. He is a Panthers prospect (that is yet to be signed to an ELC) that may be an interesting player for Habs to target in a potential trade for Max with Florida. With Borgstrom seemingly untouchable, Heponiemi is the center prospect Habs can target instead.

He's small at 5'10" and 148lbs, but he had 86 points in 72 games in his first season of Major Junior and this past season, he had 118 points in 57 games.

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think if he plays like this the rest of this tournament, I can see Habs sign him to an ELC as soon as it's all done. Another of his qualities is he closes the angles and forces the opponent to move to the outside and then he closes him off. He's got a good frame and can also lay a solid hit.

he'll be signed at some point no matter how he plays as I don't see him going back to the WHL. He needs to work on his defensive game but I would think the Habs would want him to do that in the AHL.

Acadie-Bathurst vs. Swift Current today @ 4PM ET on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

I don't know if I'll get to watch the game, but if I do, it would be my first time watching Heponiemi of Swift Current. He is a Panthers prospect (that is yet to be signed to an ELC) that may be an interesting player for Habs to target in a potential trade for Max with Florida. With Borgstrom seemingly untouchable, Heponiemi is the center prospect Habs can target instead.

He's small at 5'10" and 148lbs, but he had 86 points in 72 games in his first season of Major Junior and this past season, he had 118 points in 57 games.

I was so impressed with Swift Current as a team, but also liked what I saw from Heponiemi and would be glad to get him in a trade if possible.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Watching the Regina - Hamilton game right now.

Some observations:
- Nicolas Mattinen is a physical beast, dominates everyone on the ice when he wants to
- Kaden Fulcher is a based god.
- Will Bitten himself doesn't look all that skilled but he works his ass off. His line of Kaliyev/Bitten/Entwistle is impressive.
- Saigeon is clearly injured.
- The Pats D-core is really good. Physical, mobile and can beat anyone in a puck battle (yes this includes Fleury, though Mahura is the clear standout).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DdlRdvCX0AAAV0W.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Galipeau vs. Heponiemi, two players I would be thrilled if Habs add to their prospect pool. One as undrafted UFA and the other in a trade with Florida.

Right now, you can catch it on Sportsnet One, as the regular Sportsnet broadcasts are showing the end of the Blue Jays games.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I think Dobson's put on some muscle since the last time I watched Bathurst. He looked pretty slender, looks much more filled out.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
First time seeing Dobson, he looks skinny. Didn't notice Galipeau as much since I missed the start and only caught some of the game because the Phillies are in a rain delay. He did make a good play in his own end though that I saw late in the 1st.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
First time seeing Dobson, he looks skinny. Didn't notice Galipeau as much since I missed the start and only caught some of the game because the Phillies are in a rain delay. He did make a good play in his own end though that I saw late in the 1st.
I thought Dobson looked a lot thinner earlier in the year

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Heponiemi has that elusiveness to his game that not many players have. Thought he was gonna get sandwiched there but just slips between the 2 Titan players and keeps stickhandling.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I didn't watch the entire game. But from the bit that I saw, I've liked Heponiemi. Very creative and skilled player. Good vision and puck handling. Also, Galipeau was solid as hell. Rarely makes the wrong decision on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad