2018 Memorial Cup Final (Acadie-Bathurst Titan Are the Champions!) 3-0 Over Pats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I saw those three d-men for the first time this Memorial cup and quite honestly it was a let down.

Fleury looks to me like a better skating Emelin and probably a better passer but that's about it. Defensively he has huge holes in his game. So huge you can drive one of our tanking teams through one of those holes. From what I saw I would guess his ceiling is third pair unless his developmental curves starts to shoot upwards.

Galipeau was alright but he is a 21 year old playing against teenagers, some of them very young teenagers. I'd bet he never goes past the AHL.

Dobson is obviously the best of the three but I would never consider picking him with our 3OA. From what I saw of Hughes and Boqvist I would pick them ahead of him. And trust me I'm bias in favour of Canadian players. So even with that bias I think Hughes and Boqvist are better selections at 3.

agreed with your points but would add Fleury has a better shot then Emelin and I think he's smarter but not as good defensively where he needs improvement. Now that we actually have a good coach in the AHL, I'm very interested to see how he does down there over the next few years.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dahlin
Boqvist
Hughes
Dobson
Bouchard

The first two are locks for me......Bouchard is a lock at 5.....the other two are interchangeable

Funny how some sites have Bouchard ranked much higher, but I agree after reading the reports here on him.

Jul 6, 2016
Dobson is in the top 3 in this coming draft on D. He's got size, speed, skill and hockey savvy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad