GDT: 2018 Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread Pt.II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I could see JVR going out for Fabbro+ then us going after Domi for Korshkov+

Yes to fabbro deal. No to domi, if his name was max dimo no one would be interested here. He isn’t anything special at all. Also in that trade you are trading a 6’5” winger the only forward with skill we have above 6’1” on the leafs and in the system for a 5’10” winger of which we have 6 in and around the current team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We have two 2nds. Hunter usually nails 2nd round picks too.

I’d rather deal just our 1st, than both our 2nds

Eh I’d rather not deal any picks, green and glendening are so meh. Green is gardiner one gardiner is enough for me. Aim high or don’t bother aiming should be our trade motto

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wow that is nothing for rick Nash... we might as well keep JVR

Well we knew it was a buyer's market already, so it's not surprising to me.

Not really concerned that the Bruins got Nash, it terms of a playoff matchup. Nash has 15G and 41P in 77 career playoff games. Very meh to be.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Don't agree with Dreger on this. Don't think it should force Toronto's hand at all. Try and improve the team but if the price is too much then just go with the players we got.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Wow that is nothing for rick Nash... we might as well keep JVR

Jvr would get more than Nash, he is younger by 5 years, and cheaper and better

Dreger said other gms told him if jvr were on the market he’d be number 1 forward available. Now it’s up to you what you make of that it is dreger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Rick Nash does seem to play well against the leafs when we play him. Could be a factor in the playoffs. Was pretty much the only player who tried for rangers when we last played them

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Well we knew it was a buyer's market already, so it's not surprising to me.

Not really concerned that the Bruins got Nash, it terms of a playoff matchup. Nash has 15G and 41P in 77 career playoff games. Very meh to be.

For wingers.

coachbob59

Feb 13, 2018
Organizational philosophy is learn to win at all levels, so it’s not too likely that there are too many moves that disrupt each team’s playoff chances.
The flip side is that you need plenty of bullets to keep the prospect cupboard full.
But if the team can achieve both goals, then it deserves a good look.
I’d think JVR for Fabbro+ is a sustainable move if it’s available. Leivo can slot in. Leafs can retain or add in a package.
Martin’s role is being replaced.
Komarov, same thing.
There’s an extra D or two on the Marlies who could garner a pick.
Would like to see a best of both worlds approach. Sure seems like JVR’s toi has been sliding to prepare for it.

I like the JVR for Fabbro + idea. Keep Dermott and Llilgren out of any trade talks. Let's build our defence for the future while gaining valuable playoff experience this year.
How about replacing JVR's spot with a player like Zuccarello from NYR with retention? Our first and Leivo? Zucarello is a consistent 50 point guy who always works hiss ass off and has another year on his contract which would fit for the Leafs perfectly. It also might be time to give Andreas Johnsson a spot on the top 9 while Nylander is playing centre. Also an upgrade on our bottom pairing if Fabbro isn't ready yet could probably come fairly cheap. Wait until the draft or next year's TDL to address a top 4 D. Next year Altonen or a FA can take Bozaks spot.

Lineup when Matthews returns could look like this

Hyman Matthews Zucarello
Marleau Kadri Marner
Johnsson Nylander Kapanen
Komorov Bozak Brown

Hainsey Rielly
Zaitsev Gardiner
???/ Fabbro Dermott

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lindgren isn’t meh, probably worth a 2nd. So far it’s 1st, 2nd + we know of

Lindgren is indeed meh. Showed some potential in the ushl, but his stock has fallen a lot.

Not even close to being worth the 2nd rounder he was drafted with

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Jvr would get more than Nash, he is younger by 5 years, and cheaper and better

Dreger said other gms told him if jvr were on the market he’d be number 1 forward available. Now it’s up to you what you make of that it is dreger

We need an upgrade on D, TyBo, Leo and JVR in that order. How much of that Lou can get done in the next 29 1/2 hours is probably not much. If we want to beat teams in the playoffs the leaks in our D need to be plugged and our third line needs to be stronger defensively. They are a black hole right now. I've seen enough of Leo. Unfortunately Babs has not. We could be strongest with a 4th line of JVR, TyBo and Leo playing 10 minutes per game (including PP and PK time). The PP unit that scored the 3rd goal last night looked awesome with Mitch on the left flank instead of TyBo and Willie on the right point.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Most often these "big" late season adds don't turn out as expected, especially aging vets. Not convinced this move is a game changer for Boston.

Reactions: studebaker17

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To #Bruins:
F Rick Nash (50% retained)

To #Rangers
2018 1st RD pick
2019 7th RD pick
F Matt Beleskey (% retained - TBD)
F Ryan Spooner
D Ryan Lindgren (signing rights)

Depending on how much the Bruins are retaining on Belesky, that is a solid return for the Rangers.

I'd argue that Ryan Spooner is better than Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad