GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Which Avs Prospect Do Think Will Make Their Countries?

• Total voters

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I have to admit, it's nice to see of our guys on the Team Canada WJC invite roster....not to mention for them both to be defenders.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've seen all over the twitters people wishing for the Avs to release Girard.

1. Girard is NHL ready. Despite a rough game against Buffalo he's actually still one of our better defenseman.
2. Who do you think Girard takes a spot away from if he goes? Chances are Timmins suddenly isn't an every day in the lineup. Possibly even doesn't make the team.

I'm all for Jost going because I think it could actually help him. I don't see what this tournament would do for Girard though. He certainly doesn't need confidence. Plus like I said, we need Sammy in Denver.

Reactions: McMetal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah completely agreed. I'd much rather keep Girard here.

The kid is an NHLer. Even in his struggles he still looks and plays like an NHLer. He needs NHL experience right now more then representing Canada in an inferior tournament.

I'm really excited to see what Makar does at this tournament. I think he has the tools to carry the Team Canada defense and be the best one on that Blue line.

Hoping Timmins makes it as well. Though I have a feeling if he does, he's gonna make it as the 7th Dman and not get much playing time. I think he has been better then Foote this year and should earn the #3 spot on the Right side over him, but Hockey Canada and it's politics might lead to Foote getting the not instead. Hope I am wrong though. Timmins last month has been quite impressive.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I've seen all over the twitters people wishing for the Avs to release Girard.

1. Girard is NHL ready. Despite a rough game against Buffalo he's actually still one of our better defenseman.
2. Who do you think Girard takes a spot away from if he goes? Chances are Timmins suddenly isn't an every day in the lineup. Possibly even doesn't make the team.

I'm all for Jost going because I think it could actually help him. I don't see what this tournament would do for Girard though. He certainly doesn't need confidence. Plus like I said, we need Sammy in Denver.

Yah I want Jost to go aswell

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think Jost needs to go, I think he and Girard both would be best getting NHL minutes, even if I believe both should be sheltered more than they have been.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
So I admittedly don't know the rules of this very well. Can Jost still go? Or is the invite list making it definitive that he can't?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
So I admittedly don't know the rules of this very well. Can Jost still go? Or is the invite list making it definitive that he can't?

Jost and Girard can go if the AVs lend him to the tournament. Not sure if Sakic wants to allow them to play? The team can’t be any worse.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Might be a nice break for them. Play with/against guys that aren't quite the level of challenge that the average NHL player can pose. Build some confidence, some winning experience, and come back ready for the run to the golf course, I mean playoffs.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Might be a nice break for them. Play with/against guys that aren't quite the level of challenge that the average NHL player can pose. Build some confidence, some winning experience, and come back ready for the run to the golf course, I mean playoffs.

At least there will be more players on the Golf Course. :D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If he's within the age limit, which he is, Jost can go with Avs consent. Technically speaking McDavid could have gone to last year's WJC since he was eligible, just absolutely no reason.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Jost, Makar and Timmins will be future teammates. It would be amazing if they’re playing together in the tournament. Afterwards, let him stay with with the AHL team for further conditioning and getting to know his other teammates. There is no need to struggle at the NHL playing limited minutes.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
True, he's a bust just like Timmins. If you can't skate you can't skate.
I never said Jost couldn't skate , but yeah not getting ice time and not playing much all season , no guarantee he stars that's for sure . He should have at least been given some AHL time and minutes if they plan on sending him . He was supposed to star last year and did dick .His confidence can't be high , he can't even touch the puck for 2 seconds at NHL level

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Not sure he'd even play well , he sucks right now

Yeah, not true at all. Should've had an assist last night but Andrighetto decided to give the goalie two more seconds to come across for the save.

He was in on a few great shifts of cycling the puck in TBs zone, and looked good on the PP2.

You need to stop commenting on stuff I think....

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Yeah, not true at all. Should've had an assist last night but Andrighetto decided to give the goalie two more seconds to come across for the save.

He was in on a few great shifts of cycling the puck in TBs zone, and looked good on the PP2.

You need to stop commenting on stuff I think....

But he knows hockey and Ivan is too afraid to disclose where he lives.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For rules purposes the Avs have to loan him by the NHL holiday roster freeze on the 19th. The camp roster they announced is just the camp roster, they always welcome those from the NHL should they be made available. Sucks for the kid they bump out but it is what it is. Tourney doesn't start until the 26th and I think if they don't register a full team they can even add after it later like they do in the WC. Anyway, no the roster is not set in stone, they prob won't register it until near the first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad