GDT: 2018 IIHF World Championship

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Because he skates Better than almost everyone on the ice not named McDavid Barzal Larkin Kreider.

Kid can skate with anyone. I thought he’d look tiny but he doesn’t. Good showing here and he’ll go top 6 or so. For me he was the guy that would drop a bit. Size and being a lefty d. But definitely a great player.

sounds like a better Toby Enstrom

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Enstrom was a pretty damn good defenseman for a long time, just that most of that time was while his team was trash. Wouldn't say he's a #1 by himself but he can play top pairing

e: or at least could. I think he plays with Buff now

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Any word about why Skjei isn't playing? They could really use him with this thin D and playing on the big ice.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Because he skates Better than almost everyone on the ice not named McDavid Barzal Larkin Kreider.

Kid can skate with anyone. I thought he’d look tiny but he doesn’t. Good showing here and he’ll go top 6 or so. For me he was the guy that would drop a bit. Size and being a lefty d. But definitely a great player.
I completely agree.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Enstrom was a pretty damn good defenseman for a long time, just that most of that time was while his team was trash. Wouldn't say he's a #1 by himself but he can play top pairing

e: or at least could. I think he plays with Buff now

the injuries he suffered have taken a toll on him. think they were lower body, too. played 4th amongst defensemen last night, not totally sure who he's paired with now. could have been Trouba, they had similar 5v5 ice time

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pretty bad clear attempt by Larkin on that PK. Head down. no pressure on him, tries to slam it off the boards for an easy keep in by Canada. That's the shit that drives me nuts, you gotta look up and make the play

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the injuries he suffered have taken a toll on him. think they were lower body, too. played 4th amongst defensemen last night, not totally sure who he's paired with now

Yeah and he's 33 now so he's on the downswing, but he was good for a long while

Reactions: FultonReed

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Huh, gonna run a PP out there with no big player to stand in front of the net eh

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
probably Atlanta's best defender until they got their hands on Buff

And prob why they got smoked every year.

Don’t get me wrong nice player. But if you tell me you’re getting the next Tobias Enstrom with your top 10 pick this year I’m not doing back flips.

Reactions: FultonReed

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So, unless I’m very much mistaken, Pionk didn’t sniff the ice again after drawing the penalty. WTF was Blaishill thinking?

Blaishill is not a terrible good coach but there's also probably a whole lot of unfamiliarity with the roster and how to use the players

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Surprised so many guys shooting on Kemper when he's biting so hard on fakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad