GDT: 2018 IIHF World Championship

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Might be a really good idea to stop playing nick Jensen Like he’s a real nhler. Guy shouldn’t even be in the league. Stinks. He’s getting torched out there as is butcher as is Murphy for that matter.

Pionk looks good with osterle and Hughes looks fine. Can they bottle whatever those Hughes kids have to skate the way they do? Holy man the two of them unreal skaters.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Meanwhile I see some D man flying down the ice through people and say "WTF is that? " Pionk

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You know what I like about pionk?

It’s not that he’s the most talented or biggest guy or even the best skater.

It’s that the kid just wants the puck all the time. He wants to go make plays. He’s always involved you never don’t know when he’s out there.

He’s a guy that wants to BE the guy. We have very few guys like that on this team. Lias Andersson is like that too. Shattenkirk. Fast surprisingly in his own way. Lundqvist of course. I think Brett Howden and maybe Chytil hopefully. But the list ends there.

Wahlstrom Boqvist are those types of guys.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
You know what I like about pionk?

It’s not that he’s the most talented or biggest guy or even the best skater.

It’s that the kid just wants the puck all the time. He wants to go make plays. He’s always involved you never don’t know when he’s out there.

He’s a guy that wants to BE the guy. We have very few guys like that on this team. Lias Andersson is like that too. Shattenkirk. Fast surprisingly in his own way. Lundqvist of course. I think Brett Howden and maybe Chytil hopefully. But the list ends there.

Wahlstrom Boqvist are those types of guys.
That aggressive, attack-on-the-puck mentality has been seen a lot in the younger guys that are coming in and doing well in the NHL like Debrincat, Boeser, Barzal, etc.

It’s an element I’d like to see us use more when it comes to attacking off the rush with speed and challenging Ds 1-on-1

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quinn Hughes has not looked outmatched today like I thought he might.

Because he skates Better than almost everyone on the ice not named McDavid Barzal Larkin Kreider.

Kid can skate with anyone. I thought he’d look tiny but he doesn’t. Good showing here and he’ll go top 6 or so. For me he was the guy that would drop a bit. Size and being a lefty d. But definitely a great player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad