OT: 2018 Football Thread: Camp is (almost) here!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Cant stand Ereck Flowers. The one place he should be is in camp figuring out how to become a competent player in this league. Instead that POS doesnt even show up. He is hot garbage.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He doesn't throw the ball 100 yards in the air, but he rates similarly to QB's who have been extremely successful in the NFL.
I don't have a problem with his arm, I have a problem with his personality. f*** his swag, he is small, he is not athletic like Russel Wilson and his personality is more similar to Manziel than a Philip Rivers ( who is a guy always fired up).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't have a problem with his arm, I have a problem with his personality. **** his swag, he is small, he is not athletic like Russel Wilson and his personality is more similar to Manziel than a Philip Rivers ( who is a guy always fired up).
I want the best quarterback. Personality comes second.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I just don’t think these QBs are good enough. I’m curious if the Giants will try and trade down. Maybe get Chubb or Nelson.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I just don’t think these QBs are good enough. I’m curious if the Giants will try and trade down. Maybe get Chubb or Nelson.

Wait. These QBs aren’t good enough? Even though it’s the best overall class since 2004, fine. Your opinion.

Odd to want to target a pure 4-3 DE who really isn’t a scheme fit, though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

“Richner’s biggest key, however, is completion percentage, particularly on third down, when passing windows are tightest—and that is where he differs greatly from many NFL evaluators. ”

This is an incredibly dumb way to evaluate college players across different teams, leagues, systems, and teammates. It’s the alleged knock on Rosen and has mostly been laughed at because of how simplistic and foolish it is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
“Richner’s biggest key, however, is completion percentage, particularly on third down, when passing windows are tightest—and that is where he differs greatly from many NFL evaluators. ”

This is an incredibly dumb way to evaluate college players across different teams, leagues, systems, and teammates. It’s the alleged knock on Rosen and has mostly been laughed at because of how simplistic and foolish it is.
Third down analytics have had a good success rate considering how "dumb" they are.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

That’s so reductive and such awful analysis that it makes my head spin. I don’t dislike Mayfield, but I do think he’s overrated. Some of his reads are just so bad, and if he doesn’t clean that up he’ll get demolished by NFL defenses. Average size and athleticism don’t help either, but I’ll give him credit for being a fun personality

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Wait. These QBs aren’t good enough? Even though it’s the best overall class since 2004, fine. Your opinion.

Odd to want to target a pure 4-3 DE who really isn’t a scheme fit, though.
There are a bunch of guys, but no truly special prospects here. None of these guys are Luck/RG3 or Mariota or Winston or Newton. But there are 4 guys who have a very high bust potential who could be true franchise guys.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You completely missed the point.

Completion percentage is a dumb way to evaluate in general. It’s why I don’t even use it when I look at a pro player. It’s a nebulous stat that is the equivalent of +/-
It's not really completetion percentage.

It's success rate on different pass types. At worst, it's a way more evolved version.

Clearly, the traditional way we look at quarterbacks has been a systemic failure.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's not really completetion percentage.

It's success rate on different pass types. At worst, it's a way more evolved version.

Clearly, the traditional way we look at quarterbacks has been a systemic failure.

No. It's completion percentage on third downs. It's a ridiculous way to hang a prospect like Rosen on. Considering Rosen's team and schedule, no shit that defenders would be all over his receivers on third downs (his receivers were abhorrent) and no shit his third down completion percentage would dip quite a bit.

There's a reason Jim Mora was fired. It wasn't because of Rosen's third down completion percentage. It was because he was a poor coach and a poor recruiter.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad