NBA 2018 Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think another factor that makes another Warriors title frustrating is what had happened 24 hours before.

The contrast between the Caps celebration and Golden State's could not be any more opposite.

For Ovechkin, it was like he conquered his white whale and the greatest thing ever.

Didn't quite get that same feeling with Golden State.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think another factor that makes another Warriors title frustrating is what had happened 24 hours before.

The contrast between the Caps celebration and Golden State's could not be any more opposite.

For Ovechkin, it was like he conquered his white whale and the greatest thing ever.

Didn't quite get that same feeling with Golden State.
by the 4th quarter the game was in the bag where as if it would have been a close game there would of probably been a little more sense of accomplishment.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
by the 4th quarter the game was in the bag where as if it would have been a close game there would of probably been a little more sense of accomplishment.

True, but when you’re winning your 2nd straight, 3rd in 4 years, and know it should really be a 4-peat if you didn’t choke, it’s not going to be remotely as emotional

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
At the time all of the reports were that LeBron really wanted to play with Anthony and CP. It was just after the trade deadline and seemed as if something was going to happen in the Offseason, and it did, GS signed KD. Cleveland wanted to add another superstar and GS just went out and snagged the best option in the league. Cavs had no cap space and Gilbert wasn't going to pay the luxury tax.

gilbert paid luxury tax that year, even about 25M.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
gilbert paid luxury tax that year, even about 25M.
He paid around 13 million over the luxury tax threshold which means he had to pay 26 as per the cba. He didn't want to spend any more money was the point I was trying to make. They were breaking it all down on ESPN at the time and pretty much showed the ramifications of all the playoff teams situations especially GS. GS was under 100 million compared to the Cavs who were above 126 million with the threshold at 113 million.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Link? He was far from the only player who didn't want to play in Brazil. Was Lebron hurt too?

LeBron was exhausted seeing as at that point he had been in 6 straight finals along with another Olympics. Thats a lot of wear and tear.

At the time all of the reports were that LeBron really wanted to play with Anthony and CP. It was just after the trade deadline and seemed as if something was going to happen in the Offseason, and it did, GS signed KD. Cleveland wanted to add another superstar and GS just went out and snagged the best option in the league. Cavs had no cap space and Gilbert wasn't going to pay the luxury tax.

Gilbert has been paying the luxury tax since James re-signed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hey does anyone know the last time the NBAF was ended before the SCF? I'm not even sure if it ever happened although it's theoretically possible.

Its extremely rare given they start the regular season 2-3 weeks after the NHL does. Yes their schedule is more condensed and the playoffs usually start around the same time but it makes a difference.

Speaking of - has any NHL & NBA team from the same city ever won in the same season? Knicks had a chance in 94, thats the last one I remember.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Its extremely rare given they start the regular season 2-3 weeks after the NHL does. Yes their schedule is more condensed and the playoffs usually start around the same time but it makes a difference.

Speaking of - has any NHL & NBA team from the same city ever won in the same season? Knicks had a chance in 94, thats the last one I remember.

The Sixers and Flyers both made the finals in 1980, unfortunately both lost. The Phillies also won the WS that year. Not a bad year for sports in Philadelphia. The Eagles lost the SB that season, although the game was in 1981.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad