Speculation: 2018 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There's nobody at number 10 Boston would want and Krug has much more value than the 10th overall pick who could be a bust.

Krug is proven, the pick is not.

Honestly I ready the top 15-20 guys bios, and it seems like there are a handful of Krug types who would be lucky to ever be as good as Torey.

Of course the prospects are all mystery boxes. The picture on the outside looks a lot like Torey Krug, but it's a mystery so maybe instead of the next Krug they become the next Karlsson, Or they become the Ryan Murphy and kick around the AHL for years

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Boston isn’t trading Krug to get into the Top 10. It just doesn’t help them now and the core needs help now. Not down the road. Unless the top 10 pick is flipped for a legit top 4 LHD.

As you observe, the Bruins are not going to trade Torey merely to get into the top 10.
#
However, it's interesting to me that few have addressed the very real possibility that he will be dealt to shore up other needs while others (Gryz, Charlie) step in to fill the void should that prove the case.

Whatever you think of Haggerty, he has it right that Torey may be at the top of his trade value, with (I believe) 120 points amassed the past two seasons. He can make the out pass/carry the puck through the neutral zone & quarterback the pp. He's also a solid leader and still young.

The past two post season's he's been banged up, a trend that, continued, would raise a red flag. Today, the Bruins would receive good return for him.

Big #47 fan but if the decision were mine to improve the club positionally/structurally (bigger D, secondary scoring) I'd consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad