Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I saw this coming a mile away.

:snide:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Unless they pull a “Flyers” or the wheels completely fall off the bus and more players continue to get injured, I don’t see a shot at #1.

Obviously it’s hard to talk draft right now because we don’t know where they really will be picking. Yes, they’re the at the bottom right now but at the same time, they’re not far out of a playoff spot.

I like a lot of the top picks this year. I’d be happy with Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, or Wahlstrom. Mid to Late firsts would be Akil Thomas, Jett Woo, and Serron Noel.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Unless they pull a “Flyers” or the wheels completely fall off the bus and more players continue to get injured, I don’t see a shot at #1.

Obviously it’s hard to talk draft right now because we don’t know where they really will be picking. Yes, they’re the at the bottom right now but at the same time, they’re not far out of a playoff spot.

I like a lot of the top picks this year. I’d be happy with Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, or Wahlstrom. Mid to Late firsts would be Akil Thomas, Jett Woo, and Serron Noel.
Oh for sure, I'm not counting on a top 5 pick or anything right now, just seems like a good time to start talking about who is going to be up there.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
It doesn't look like a great year for centers but Tkachuk, Joe Veleno, Jack McBain, and Rasmus Kupari look like they could be solid picks in the top 10 of the draft. I don't know a ton about them at the moment but there is plenty of time to learn. We could use our excess of prospects to move up in the draft too if there is someone we really like but end up with too low a pick to get him using our own.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Admit, I started to look at draft possibilities today. Not that I have given up on the Bs in postseason, but.......................

While the prevailing philosophy is "best player available", given the choice, if it's high, I'd shy away from centers. Next year the team will have JFK, with one full year in the AHL, maybe late season call-up, to go along with Ryan Donato and Trent Frederic, age 22 and 21 respectively. That assumes the latter two turn pro. They've competed well at high levels, unlike 18 yr olds in Junior.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Admit, I started to look at draft possibilities today. Not that I have given up on the Bs in postseason, but.......................

While the prevailing philosophy is "best player available", given the choice, if it's high, I'd shy away from centers. Next year the team will have JFK, with one full year in the AHL, maybe late season call-up, to go along with Ryan Donato and Trent Frederic, age 22 and 21 respectively. That assumes the latter two turn pro. They've competed well at high levels, unlike 18 yr olds in Junior.
Our centers are still the shallowest and most important organizational need. Now of course if none of the centers available are appealing than draft someone else. Centers are easier to convert to wing than vice versa as well, but I really wouldn't mind having too many centers that can play top 6, worse case scenario you have a really desirable trade piece. Its definitely too early to get too excited about any one guy but the off chance we look at the lottery I can have fun familiarizing myself with who will be available. Even if we go off the board.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Depends on the center and where they pick.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The yotes have last place tied up already, who's going second overall?
Is see us picking 14th

We come on late with a monster run and lose on a tie breaker game 82 vs Ottawa

We have hope the kids do well and get that coveted 14th pick we do well with

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Don't think we're going to be in the top 5. Dahlin and Svechnikov will probably be followed by Zadina/Tkachuk/Walmstrom however those picks play out. There seems be good some good prospects in the 1st round. Still too early to tell how the players stack up against each other and where the Bruins will pick. I personally would like to see a Forward picked in the first round. Any combo of LW/C/RW works for me. Bruins seem to nail it with 2 rounders so we'll see what happens there.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
draft the player with the most puck skill who has speed. dont overthink it, dont draft based on orgazational needs. Draft the best player at that spot. And if its number 1, and the bruins dont take Rasmus Dahlin because he is a defensize zone liabilty, time to move the team to houston (kidding).

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I would love to pick overager Radim Salda sometime late in the 6th or 7th, obviously nationality bias a bit, but in my viewings last year he looked very good. Based on stats he seems to have adapted NA ice quite well. He plays the prototypical Bruin style.

As for the first round pick, just pick the BPA with the most upside. Don't butch it like last year with the "safe" Vaakanainen pick. Not sure what the consensus was here regarding that pick though, just my opinion.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
At center: Jack McBain. Plays in the OJHL for the Toronto Jr Canadiens and headed to Boston College next season. Don't be fooled by NHL Central Scouting's October or November rankings. This kid will fly up their rankings.

Defence: Evan Bouchard. Not getting Dahlin. Merkley will still go in the first round only because of his offence. Bouchard is right there with him on offence and everything else except the skating, Bouchard wins.

Evan Bouchard – London Knights – Player Profile

Goaltender: Nick Donofrio (Don-u-free-o). He's not going to get a whole lot of ice behind Kaden Fulcher, so scouts are going to have to make viewings of him count. Right now IMO, he's the best in the draft class out of the O

Nick Donofrio – Player Profile – Hamilton Bulldogs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A young player who is starting to interest me is Dominik Bokk. He's a 6'1'' 180lbs right shot winger, currently playing for Vaxjo of the SHL. He's 17 years old playing against men. Currently has 1 goal in 6 games. From his thread on here, he looks like a highly skilled forward. I haven't been doing a whole lot of draft research yet, but he is one that caught my eye.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
If we pick 15-18, I hope we take Joel Farabee. Seems like a true 1st line talent, with speed, skill and hockey sense. Could be another Pastrnak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->