NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
In reality, I am not liking the connections Dorion has with Bo Groulx. Hoping his dad and Bo's character don't sway Pierre

Not only is he an Ottawa boy with hockey connections, he's in the White/Bowers/Lazar mold as a two-way player with character that lacks high-end talent.

Might as well start penciling him into the future roster right now :laugh:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He is commonly ranked in the mid to late first by most of these internet scouts. Bob had him 28...
What don't you like about him.. I do not know him at all.

Can't speak for Bondra, but from what I've seen he doesn't have top 6 talent. Looks to project more as a bottom 6 two-way guy. Consider him the Bowers of the 2018 draft.

There will likely be higher upside players that we could select with the PIT 1st.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need to draft a D with our pick
I am not opposed to drafting a D (but we have Harpur, Jaros, Englund, Wolanin, Summers and Lajoie under development) but I think it is most important to draft the player who has the highest skill level and potential, regardless of position played, when it is our turn to pick. The team certainly could use a few more snipers and forwards who can maintain puck possession in the O zone.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Can't speak for Bondra, but from what I've seen he doesn't have top 6 talent. Looks to project more as a bottom 6 two-way guy. Consider him the Bowers of the 2018 draft.

There will likely be higher upside players that we could select with the PIT 1st.
I bet Bowers turns into a pretty good hockey player, he's having a pretty good rookie season with BU.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I bet Bowers turns into a pretty good hockey player, he's having a pretty good rookie season with BU.

Doing better than I thought he would that's for sure.

Still, I'd be surprised if he ended up being anything more than a good 3rd liner.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Doing better than I thought he would that's for sure.

Still, I'd be surprised if he ended up being anything more than a good 3rd liner.
I think 2nd line centre potential but you may be right, I guess we'll see in about 3 yrs. Can't wait. :D

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
At the Moose game vs. Victo at the Scotiabank Center.

Rough game for Zadina and McIsaac, though it's more just the whole team getting run over by Victo.

Comtois is a tier above everybody, I think he's in the NHL next year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
At the Moose game vs. Victo at the Scotiabank Center.

Rough game for Zadina and McIsaac, though it's more just the whole team getting run over by Victo.

Comtois is a tier above everybody, I think he's in the NHL next year.

I really like Comtois ,, He is going to be a valuable player for the Ducks. Would be nice to have him in our system

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Alexis Lafreniere (2020 Draft) scored his 40 , 41 goals tonight .. 1st 16 year old since Sid to do that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Alexis Lafreniere (2020 Draft) scored his 40 , 41 goals tonight .. 1st 16 year old since Sid to do that.
He's far and away (like not close) the best prospect to enter the Q since Crosby. He is a man among boys already. Unreal skating/hands/shot, great on the other side of the puck, and great size already.

He's carrying his team as a 15/16 year old.

Whoever gets him has a Franchise player as soon as he steps in the league.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's far and away (like not close) the best prospect to enter the Q since Crosby. He is a man among boys already. Unreal skating/hands/shot, great on the other side of the puck, and great size already.

That's insane.

Is there any weaknesses to his game (other than not having man strength at his age)?

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I gotta think we would be happy with any of the top 5 even

Boquist will be an interesting consolation prize if we can't get Dahlin.

Really 2 picks in the top 10 would be amazing

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Based on nothing but analysis from others, it seems like there's a drop-off after the top 3. Svechnikov and Zadina could have went #1 overall last year according to some so that's a pretty good sign.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Based on nothing but analysis from others, it seems like there's a drop-off after the top 3. Svechnikov and Zadina could have went #1 overall last year according to some so that's a pretty good sign.

I think Hischier is a better prospect than Zadina, but you could argue Patrick would probably go 4 or 5 this year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

do you think maybe it is his size that is a huge reason why hes so dominant. im usually a little wary of 15-16 year olds already with man bodies putting up numbers... that being said he is playing against kids older than him hes not just killing his peers. I think I just answered my own question

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think Hischier is a better prospect than Zadina, but you could argue Patrick would probably go 4 or 5 this year.
im just gonna say it, I don't like zadina that much. and I don't think the ideal scenario for him is to be drafted to a bad team. for me hes that perfect mid round guy gets drafted to a decent team and puts up numbers playing with good players.(I know hes will go earlier than that and in this draft he is top 4) can he drive play enough to survive or give a big enough boost to a bad team?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
im just gonna say it, I don't like zadina that much. and I don't think the ideal scenario for him is to be drafted to a bad team. for me hes that perfect mid round guy gets drafted to a decent team and puts up numbers playing with good players.(I know hes will go earlier than that and in this draft he is top 4) can he drive play enough to survive or give a big enough boost to a bad team?

What don't you like about him?

I feel like he could get a bit faster with his top speed, but other than that he's a pretty complete player. He's got a great shot and instincts of where to be, but also makes his teammates dangerous because of his vision and hands/agility to open up room.

Really if he was faster he'd be a surefire elite player in the making. But right now, perhaps a Radulov is a good conservative comparable. Which isn't bad at all. Hopefully he turns out to be more Hossa

He's already so dominant if he can add speed (a very good possibility) he might very well become one of the best wingers in the NHL

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What don't you like about him?

I feel like he could get a bit faster with his top speed, but other than that he's a pretty complete player. He's got a great shot and instincts of where to be, but also makes his teammates dangerous because of his vision and hands/agility to open up room.

Really if he was faster he'd be a surefire elite player in the making. But right now, perhaps a Radulov is a good conservative comparable. Which isn't bad at all. Hopefully he turns out to be more Hossa

He's already so dominant if he can add speed (a very good possibility) he might very well become one of the best wingers in the NHL
I don't see the "dominance" now this is coming from like wjc and 2.5 games in the Q.i think hes a complimentary piece in the NHL ..top 6 complimentary PEICE obviously. with svechnikov I see more ability to take over a shift. I think zadina will be more affected by who he plays with than svechnikov will

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
do you think maybe it is his size that is a huge reason why hes so dominant. im usually a little wary of 15-16 year olds already with man bodies putting up numbers... that being said he is playing against kids older than him hes not just killing his peers. I think I just answered my own question
He doesn't have a man body, he just has a very projectable one. He's 6-0, 180.

Believe me, size has nothing to d with it. Everyone will marvel at him at the World Juniors next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad