NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
If we could get a mid 1st for Brassard, we could get two very good prospects this year.

Go with a forward should Svechnikov/Zadina/Wahlstrom/Tkachuk be there (outside of getting 1st pick), and use the ~15-20 pick to grab McIsaac. He is going to make GM's wish they took him sooner, he thinks the game so well.

Man, our 2nd rounder would be a huge asset to have now. Lots of good players will be left there, or we could have used it to jump up 4/5 spots from the 20's.
Some real studs have been picked recently in the second round and there's apparently ~40-45 first round talents this year. A lot of people are excited because the lower we go the better the chances for our first, but man losing such a high second really blows.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I only liked it because you said it.....*giggles* Also because you have some good knowledge about younger prospects..And i know very little

lol I really don't have the same "knowledge" as before because it's very relative to the time you spend reading and watching them play

I just randomly saw that guy and got intrigued. He isn't slotted to go high so IMO he is the kind of guy you take a chance with late in the draft as he could boom ala Dzingel or Perron.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
lol I really don't have the same "knowledge" as before because it's very relative to the time you spend reading and watching them play

I just randomly saw that guy and got intrigued. He isn't slotted to go high so IMO he is the kind of guy you take a chance with late in the draft as he could boom ala Dzingel or Perron.
I have worked overnight for over 10 years now...I rarely get to see much of anything anymore...

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's the thing we get older and have a lot less time for ourselves. Work and family takes almost everything lol
Yep for Sure,my son gets me the juice... And having the full sirrus package in my truck helps...But its all highlights and PVR/weekend games for me

Reactions: Xspyrit

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
That's the thing we get older and have a lot less time for ourselves. Work and family takes almost everything lol

I haven't watched a full NFL game in years...thanks kids. Dad used to be so much better at fantasy football...although my team this past season was amazing.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With a late 1st that might be 28 or 29 if the Pens lose in the ECF this year.
Who will likely be available and who should we take there?

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
With a late 1st that might be 28 or 29 if the Pens lose in the ECF this year.
Who will likely be available and who should we take there?

I’d be more inclined to package that pick with something in a trade in all honesty. If not though, are there any goalies in that range this year? I know we just traded for a goalie prospect, but they’re never sure things and it’s looking like Andy might be done and Condon might not amount to much.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Looks like macisaac could pooooosssssiiibly still be around when we pick for the second time.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is Tkachuk overrated to be in the top 5 of this draft?
A quick look at some first round forwards and their results in their first year in NCAA.
Since 2015
GP. G. A.

Eichel 40. 26. 45

White. 37. 19. 24

Roslovic. 36. 10. 16

Keller. 31. 21. 24

Kunin. 34. 19. 13

Thompson. 36. 14. 18

Just 33. 16. 19

TKACHUK. 34. 7. 19

Still interested in top 5?

Also if we look at what White did .. in his 1st year NCAA compared to some of the other names that seem to be further ahead now. Also White played hurt in the 2nd half of that 1st year at BC ,., His first half was really good.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Looks like macisaac could pooooosssssiiibly still be around when we pick for the second time.
Would be a dream in my opinion, but it's not happening. Higher chance he goes top 10.

If we could get the top forward with our pick and get McIsaac, we would be sitting pretty for this draft. Should be our plan if we lose out on Dahlin.

McIsaac is going to jump like Chabot/Comtois did in their draft+1 seasons.

He is going to go higher than his final ranking, of that I'm sure. He has been better than Dobson since the new year. I'd give up assets to move up and grab him for sure.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In reality, I am not liking the connections Dorion has with Bo Groulx. Hoping his dad and Bo's character don't sway Pierre

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In reality, I am not liking the connections Dorion has with Bo Groulx. Hoping his dad and Bo's character don't sway Pierre

He is commonly ranked in the mid to late first by most of these internet scouts. Bob had him 28...
What don't you like about him.. I do not know him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad