Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
so, JR ought to buy New Orleans.... I Fail to see why he's so enamored with the Pelicans and Anthony Davis, neither of which has ANY connection to BOSTON
I was just pointing out you were wrong when you said Cousins isn’t a free agent. Any other particulars to conversation I’m not talking about. Although my opinion is New Orleans will not trade Davis.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Lots of Kyrie Irving will be a Knick in 19-20 on NY sports talk at lunch this afternoon.
THINK of the source, LOU, what is trash talk radio.... the Knicks.... it's like the Rangers aren't even in the market, think of if the B's weren't even relevant except for comedy bits..... that's the Knicks, the NBA Version of Ottawa

Reactions: McGarnagle

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Good job thinking about the source.

Hahahah source was pretty good. Irving is from NJ, loves the Big Apple and Broadway shows and this guy who was being interviewed also said Irving is one of those athletes who is thinking of his "brand" long term, even after basketball and what better place to plant roots early then NYC....

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hahahah source was pretty good. Irving is from NJ, loves the Big Apple and Broadway shows and this guy who was being interviewed also said Irving is one of those athletes who is thinking of his "brand" long term, even after basketball and what better place to plant roots early then NYC....
Brand is huge for NBA guys, and NY is a great town for it.

However, the Knicks suck, and will forever suck with Dolan as their owner, because he's a total idiot. Being a pernennial loser doesn't help extend your brand.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Brand is huge for NBA guys, and NY is a great town for it.

However, the Knicks suck, and will forever suck with Dolan as their owner, because he's a total idiot. Being a pernennial loser doesn't help extend your brand.
LIKE i stated... the Knicks are the NBA Equivalent of Ottawa right now... until that scenario gets resolved....BKN isn't a better option, at present, either....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
LIKE i stated... the Knicks are the NBA Equivalent of Ottawa right now... until that scenario gets resolved....BKN isn't a better option, at present, either....

How are the Knicks the NBA equivalent of the Sens? Both franchises have been less than successful on a regular basis of late, but other than that, I don’t see it.

In NY, the Knicks are competing with the Yankees, the Giants, the Jets and the Rangers, among others. They are probably 3rd at the very minimum, but likely lower.

In Ottawa, the Sens are the only game in town.

Reactions: JRull86

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can't trade for Kawhi without an extension in place. I'd sooner keep Jaylen Brown and the Sacramento pick.

Is he even healthy? Seems to me that he doesn't think he is and he looked like shit in the handful of games he did play this year. To me, it wouldn't even be a consideration based on the injury, his unwillingness to play, and overall attitude.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
yeah, pass on Kawhi. Even if he was healthy I'd be on the fence about it.

Not giving up Brown or Tatum for him, and its debatable if its worth the extra cost to flip Kawhi and Hayward

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
yeah, pass on Kawhi. Even if he was healthy I'd be on the fence about it.

Not giving up Brown or Tatum for him, and its debatable if its worth the extra cost to flip Kawhi and Hayward

I don't see how this is even an option?

You convince the guy to come here instead of Miami...then you deal him after a gruesome foot injury minutes into his first game as a Celtic?

Can't imagine that would play well around the league among the players.

Reactions: JRull86

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't see how this is even an option?

You convince the guy to come here instead of Miami...then you deal him after a gruesome foot injury minutes into his first game as a Celtic?

Can't imagine that would play well around the league among the players.
I've been saying this for years in every sport when people come up with this crazy proposals.

You don't trade guys who chose to sign with you a year later, especially after an injury. The Celitcs have historically been unable to sign big name guys in free agency, and two years in a row you've gotten a marquee player to sign with you. You don't turn around and trade that player a year later.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I've been saying this for years in every sport when people come up with this crazy proposals.

You don't trade guys who chose to sign with you a year later, especially after an injury. The Celitcs have historically been unable to sign big name guys in free agency, and two years in a row you've gotten a marquee player to sign with you. You don't turn around and trade that player a year later.

I wasnt saying to trade Hayward for Kawhi.

Was just comparing Kawhi to the current wings on the roster and saying Brown/Tatum are off the table and it doesnt make sense to do a Kawhi/Hayward swap. IF they were to trade for Kawhi one of the wings would be the key piece going back

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

The above is as accurate as far as I can tell, but the C's brand is global;

where you're seeing this come from is fans outside the US that are proposing these trades.... that, alone, is a challenge, even when these "fans" have been told constantly that that's not how this works nor is Ainge considering it.... hence why Brown is the fall back option... Ainge already is well aware Hayward nor Irving are allowed to be dealt, even realistically.... it's much like how we have a 'unrealistic' trade thread on this forum, whether it's league or team internally.... hence the unrealistic proposals about Bruins players that have been dealt and why some posters here continue that narrative, while other savvy posters want nothing to do with insert former player 'X', BASED off the scenario or circumstances would the ownership/management even entertain said option....

btw, folks, it's now being reported that Hayward still is on track and may be cleared medically by August from that incident in Cleveland last opening night

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The above is as accurate as far as I can tell, but the C's brand is global;

where you're seeing this come from is fans outside the US that are proposing these trades.... that, alone, is a challenge, even when these "fans" have been told constantly that that's not how this works nor is Ainge considering it.... hence why Brown is the fall back option... Ainge already is well aware Hayward nor Irving are allowed to be dealt, even realistically.... it's much like how we have a 'unrealistic' trade thread on this forum, whether it's league or team internally.... hence the unrealistic proposals about Bruins players that have been dealt and why some posters here continue that narrative, while other savvy posters want nothing to do with insert former player 'X', BASED off the scenario or circumstances would the ownership/management even entertain said option....

btw, folks, it's now being reported that Hayward has been cleared medically from that incident in Cleveland last opening night

The other day, I was listening to WEEI, and several callers suggested moving Hayward.

I am 99.9% sure that they were calling from inside the continental US.

Take this with a grain of salt, because as you are all aware, I am barely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad