GDT: 2018 All Star Weekend (Skillz, 3 on 3z, hypez, etc)

Will this be terrible?

• Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WUT?! AS WE is teh ****!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not ripping holtby feel bad for him. Relax, most here just didn’t want those two hurt. Although I can’t remember the last all star game injury...
Not sure anyone has been hurt at an allstar game but it is possible.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You guys are complaining about it but it sounds like you guys are watching and actually care. Who gives a **** about this joke of an allstar game.
Quite a few are ripping Holtby, pretty hard ripping a goalie in a game like this. No one plays any defence.
Uh, all the other goalies have had bad defense and they played a lot better. Holtby's style is old by today's NHL goaltending standards. Today's goalies play more a pure butterfly with great lateral movement. Holtby is more of a one shot and done type. He doesn't reposition himself well for 2nd/3rd chance shots. When the defense breaks down, Holtby is average at best among the goalies of today.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Uh, all the other goalies have had bad defense and they played a lot better. Holtby's style is old by today's NHL goaltending standards. Today's goalies play more a pure butterfly with great lateral movement. Holtby is more of a one shot and done type. He doesn't reposition himself well for 2nd/3rd chance shots. When the defense breaks down, Holtby is average at best among the goalies of today.

holtby said in postgame interview that no one is there to make saves. he let in a few for fun for the crowd

Reactions: calicapsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You guys are complaining about it but it sounds like you guys are watching and actually care. Who gives a **** about this joke of an allstar game.
Quite a few are ripping Holtby, pretty hard ripping a goalie in a game like this. No one plays any defence.

Lighten up, Francis. "System goalie" is an inside joke here. Someone called him that while advocating trading him and we piled on.

But thanks again for trying to straighten everyone out. We appreciate it.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lame excuse. I play goalie myself and I have been watching the other goalies closely. They are playing their best, Holtby didn't.

in the all star game your trying to criticize holtby?

hes #3 all time in save percentage in regular season .01 behind hasek
2nd all time in save percentage in playoffs. .01 behind thomas

hes 13 all time in playoff gaa at 2.00 but thats cause goalies with starts in late 1800/early 1900s etc are higher

enough with this holtby is average goalie garbage

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
in the all star game your trying to criticize holtby?

hes #3 all time in save percentage in regular season .01 behind hasek
2nd all time in save percentage in playoffs. .01 behind thomas

hes 13 all time in playoff gaa at 2.00 but thats cause goalies with starts in late 1800/early 1900s etc are higher

enough with this holtby is average goalie garbage
Ok. You will find out the hard way as the 2nd half of the season unfolds, playoffs and the following years to come. Any goalie expert will tell you that Holtby has not adjusted playing behind a weaker defense, hence his numbers are not good this season.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ok. You will find out the hard way as the 2nd half of the season unfolds, playoffs and the following years to come. Any goalie expert will tell you that Holtby has not adjusted playing behind a weaker defense, hence his numbers are not good this season.

You saw the shot defense heat maps, didn't you? The Capitals defense is allowing high risk shots at a prolific rate, it's no wonder his stats don't look as good as before. He's currently propping this defense up and keeping its weaknesses on the fringe, and yeah, come playoff time there's likely going to be an uptick in goals against, but I don't think you'll see Holtby at fault there. I think you'll see coaches picking apart a weak bottom 2/3 defensemen over the course of a series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad