Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals - III

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think what works... heavy fourth line... try to get Nordstrom off it

coyle/johnasson... not much reason to break them up... should pastrnak be put with them until he heats up?

krejci/debrusk and... who... Nordstrom and kuhlman make the line defensive sound even if they dont score a lot

and that leaves Heinen with marchand/Bergeron... its not the best lineup with guys playing banged up but it probably is the best we can do until they get healthy

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What Cassidy is trying now is what I would have done as well. Kuhlman back in and Pasta with the Coyle line (they've tried that before but only briefly). It's getting to the point where if this doesn't work in regards to Pasta Cassidy may as well throw his hands up; can't fault him for trying different things to get him going.

Reactions: wintersej

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
What Cassidy is trying now is what I would have done as well. Kuhlman back in and Pasta with the Coyle line (they've tried that before but only briefly). It's getting to the point where if this doesn't work in regards to Pasta Cassidy may as well throw his hands up; can't fault him for trying different things to get him going.

Before Cassidy throws his hands up why not:

Marchand Krejci Pastrnak (skill)
Heinen Bergeron Johansson (smarts)
Debrusk Coyle Backes (puck protection)
Kuraly Acciari Wagner (grit)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Kuraly
Heinen Acciari Backes

Try this next game

CBJ is not a conventional team. They dont really have a top top line. And feels like Jenner line is their top with the amount of mins they play. They are sufficating the Bergeron line. Better to split Marchand and Bergeron for game 4 imo

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm sick of seeing Kuhlman. He skates kind of fast and that's about it. He has no business in the top 6 on a contending team. Krejci and Debrusk are playing well, but plays are dying on the boards because Kuhlman can't win them. Get him out of there and put either Heinen or Johansson there.

Reactions: missingchicklet

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm sick of seeing Kuhlman. He skates kind of fast and that's about it. He has no business in the top 6 on a contending team. Krejci and Debrusk are playing well, but plays are dying on the boards because Kuhlman can't win them. Get him out of there and put either Heinen or Johansson there.

Well he helped on that Debrusk goal

Who else scored a point tonight?

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014

I like Kuhlman, but this role(top 6 forward) and this series is not right for him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Kuraly
Heinen Acciari Backes

Try this next game

CBJ is not a conventional team. They dont really have a top top line. And feels like Jenner line is their top with the amount of mins they play. They are sufficating the Bergeron line. Better to split Marchand and Bergeron for game 4 imo

I very much like however Nords stays in...Backes would not be capable of keeping up with the pace...way to fast out there. Watching him miss his checks all night long and standing in cement watching the puck / players zinging around isn't all that much fun.

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Kuraly
Heinen Acciari Nords

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I very much like however Nords stays in...Backes would not be capable of keeping up with the pace...way to fast out there. Watching him miss his checks all night long and standing in cement watching the puck / players zinging around isn't all that much fun.

Marchand Krejci Pasta
Debrusk Bergeron Kuhlman
Mojo Coyle Kuraly
Heinen Acciari Nords
I would love to see what DK will do between 63 and 88 if both still play how they are actually playing.... people might be surprise with the result ....against the Jenner line and/or against Dubois crushing all nite.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I know it’s probably a sin to suggest it. But drop Bergeron right down to the third line with Heinen and Kuhlman/Backes.

Put Coyle in between Marchand and Pastrnak. Bigger body centre that has actually shown he’s capable of taking a hit and staying on his feet in the ozone.

None of this will matter if Marchand and Pastrnak don’t wake up. But it can’t be any less effective than what they’re currently doing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Thus far in this series, these have been the best lines

-Marchand Bergeron Heinen (not many points to show for, but lots of chances)
-Debrusk Krejci Kuhlman (produced a goal yesterday)
-Mojo Coyle Wagner (looked like the best line in game 1)

So I would roll out with these for game 4

4th line

-Kuraly Acciari Pastrnak

seems a little weird to drop Pastrnak to the 4th line, but it might be what the doctor ordered for him. Kuraly and Acciari can open space for Pasta to operate. Also can get Pasta away from their top 4 D pairings, who have done a nice job being physical with him.

Keep the D pairings the same except replace Clifton with Moore

PP1
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Krejci Krug

* CBJ is clogging thing in front of the net. Unless the Bruins is going to place Chara there, seems like little to no point of having Johnasson there. Have three players setup at the bottom of the PP (Pasta, Krug, Krejci). Make the CBJ PK come out more, to give Marchand and Bergeron more room to work with down low

PP2
Debrusk Coyle Mojo
Grz McAvoy

PK1
Marchand Bergeron
Chara Carlo

PK2
Kuraly Acciari
McAvoy Moore

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
veganbruin and I agreed on Pasta all week -- he needs further demotion. I like Dan's idea above, but I suspect he could kill yet another good line. and Moore?! no. Clifton.

The reason why I say Moore is that he has some offensive abilities

We need scoring at the moment

Also seems like dropping Pasta out of the lineup seems non negotiable. So I would drop him to the 4th... cant be any worse than it is now

OR try

Marchand Krejci Pasta. Unfortunately seem like this will ever happen...which is too bad

Bergy and Marchand havent produced 5 v 5. The sample is large enough at this point

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
With Pasta's play and his comments after the game more or less spelling out that he's playing with an injury, I think anyone that wants to see him in a top line role at this moment is out to lunch. At most I would play him on the Coyle line, and I think it's very much in the realm of possibility to scratch him.

I would go down with the Marchand-Bergeron ship. They were still getting good looks, it's only a matter of time before it clicks. I know that time is of the essence, but it's such a proven combo that I would ride it out. The best they've looked is with Heinen, I'd go with those 3 again.

Also, Krejci clearly isn't the same after that injury. He hasn't been awful, but something is off with his play. If you wanted to shake up the Bergeron/Marchand combo at all, I think Coyle would be the guy you go to.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Johansson

Kuraly - Coyle - Heinen

Wagner - Acciari - Backes

Start playing the Top 3 lines more, limit the minutes and situations of the 4th line.

Last edited:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Johansson

Kuraly - Coyle - Heinen

Wagner - Acciari - Backes

Start playing the Top 3 lines more, limit the minutes and situations of the 4th line.

This really doesn't do anything besides make our 3rd and 4th line who are performing well look a lot worse.

Reactions: FanSince72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad