2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Doubt PG would deal Dennis to a division rival like Kelowna. Regina were stacked last year, no matter what they do now they won't match last years team.

I’ve always been of the mindset that if your division rival offers you a better deal, and you aren’t even contending and by the time you are contending Cholowski will be gone then take that deal.

Cholowski may not even be in the WHL next year, if he’s even eligible.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I’ve always been of the mindset that if your division rival offers you a better deal, and you aren’t even contending and by the time you are contending Cholowski will be gone then take that deal.

Cholowski may not even be in the WHL next year, if he’s even eligible.

Right, this deal is more likely to happen in this league than the NHL, though still if it can be avoided.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Yeah and then they will sink very fast this year. Which bodes well for a nice top pick.

Yeah. I feel for Gauthier though, nothing in front of him, going to get shelled for awhile, hopefully it makes him stronger, this team I can't see as a playoff team for at least 3 seasons, there is really nothing there right now except for a young goalie.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Western conference is so tight right now, who will emerge, no team has looked very dominant.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
LOVE the return PG got for MacDonald... IMO Prince Albert gave up waaaaay too much. I hope PG can unload Cholowski for a massive return now

Yeah that was really really dumb. I'm scratching my head after that one.

Oh well it doesn't matter what anyone does the Warriors are taking it all this year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah that was really really dumb. I'm scratching my head after that one.

Oh well it doesn't matter what anyone does the Warriors are taking it all this year.

haha ya they look damn good... but so does Kelowna, Portland, Spokane, TriCity, Everett, Swift, Regina(sorta lol) and even teams like Brandon and Lethbridge seem to turn it up come playoff time... its unbelievable the amount of buyers this season

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
haha ya they look damn good... but so does Kelowna, Portland, Spokane, TriCity, Everett, Swift, Regina(sorta lol) and even teams like Brandon and Lethbridge seem to turn it up come playoff time... its unbelievable the amount of buyers this season

I think the tribe is coming off their 7th win in a row now. 8-1-0-1 in their last 10. In all my time as a Warriors fan I don't think we have ever had a team that is this good top to bottom. Only thing we could add is a high end goalie at this point as our tandem doesn't have any playoffs experience. This is pretty much the year to go all in as we will be losing a lot of talent next year. Burke, Halbey, Howden, Jeanot will all likely be gone. It's now or never for the Warriors.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

None of the West teams looks like they are going to go all the way, except maybe Everett, but hey, Seattle pulled a massive upset over Regina last year, so it's possible I suppose. MJ, SC and Brandon are the class of the league and one of them will take the title I believe.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Not sure why you have Spokane there as they are holding down the last playoff spot in the west right now, Vancouver and Victoria are doing better.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Canes and Broncos complete a mammoth deal. I’m stunned:

“The Broncos completed a deal with the Hurricanes in acquiring Lethbridge captain and 20-year-old forward Giorgio Estephan, goaltender Stuart Skinner and forward Tanner Nagel. In return, the Broncos are sending rookie forward Logan Barlage, goaltender Logan Flodell, forward Owen Blocker and defenceman Matthew Stanley. Lethbridge also receives a first-round and a third-round selection in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft as well as a future conditional second-round pick in the 2021 WHL Bantam Draft.”

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Canes and Broncos complete a mammoth deal. I’m stunned:

“The Broncos completed a deal with the Hurricanes in acquiring Lethbridge captain and 20-year-old forward Giorgio Estephan, goaltender Stuart Skinner and forward Tanner Nagel. In return, the Broncos are sending rookie forward Logan Barlage, goaltender Logan Flodell, forward Owen Blocker and defenceman Matthew Stanley. Lethbridge also receives a first-round and a third-round selection in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft as well as a future conditional second-round pick in the 2021 WHL Bantam Draft.”

SC just can't let their rivals MJ get the upper hand.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Canes are in a precarious position, 2 games below .500 but could be sitting in 2nd in their division with games in hand.

If they were to play Calgary or Kootenay in the 1st round they would likely be the favourite. That would put them onto face Med Hat, who they've played good this year and upset in last years playoffs. So before today, 3rd round in the playoffs wasn't too far fetched. Now, who knows, will be interesting to see if they can continue to play or if their game will completely fall off. Must have been an insanely hard decision for Anholt.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Cougars are moving Cholowski and Holowko. Only bright spot left on this team is Gauthier. I spent five minutes in the second period tonight, watching Grant, and he does not know how to set up for an attack. Two shifts of watching Gauthier, and he is definitely the future of this team

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Canes are in a precarious position, 2 games below .500 but could be sitting in 2nd in their division with games in hand.

If they were to play Calgary or Kootenay in the 1st round they would likely be the favourite. That would put them onto face Med Hat, who they've played good this year and upset in last years playoffs. So before today, 3rd round in the playoffs wasn't too far fetched. Now, who knows, will be interesting to see if they can continue to play or if their game will completely fall off. Must have been an insanely hard decision for Anholt.

It was probably a hard decision, but I really think it was the right one. The Hurricanes have been the model of inconsistency this season, and they weren't going to win anything of significance with those three players still around, and all three of them are gone in 3 months anyways. Plus, he gave them every chance to get rolling and even dealt Tarzwell for Zablocki when Vandervlis went down to injury (I bet he'd like that one back now).

As it stands now, they've downgraded Skinner to Flodell (however Skinner has been disappointing this year, and Flodell has better numbers across the board). Also downgraded Estephan to Morrison, Riddle to Stanley is basically a wash, and lost Nagel...but at the same time added two young up and comers like Barlage and Blocker.

Honestly, with the way Skinner has been playing, I really don't think the Canes have lost all that much, and chemistry can be a funny thing. Maybe all these shake ups will jolt this team into a more consistent mode. If it does, they still have a really good chance at making the playoffs and facing Kootenay in the 1st round, but now they are doing it with a much younger, up and coming team.

Love the solid collection of young players Anholt is assembling. Bellerive, Franklin, Addison, Cozens, Zudilov will all be back next season (none of whom will be overagers), and now they've added Barlage and Blocker to go along with guys like Stafford, Harke, Boyko and Boucher. Add in the right mix of overagers and they have a solid chance at being a strong team next season.

Love the picks too. 2020 could be right around the time SC is reloading because they have gone all in now, so if they are on the downswing at that time, the Canes might end up with a decently high pick.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Swift Current is totally going ALL IN. I think they'll make the finals this year for sure with that line-up. I think they might even go to the Memorial Cup. Next season is questionable where they'll be with the amount of guys potentially leaving the following year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze Regina pulling off a massive deal now... This deadline is insane this year. So many teams going all in. Obviously Regina is cause they are hosting, but so many other teams too

I am not 100% familiar with the Pats but it seems like Regina could still upgrade their goaltending.....

And that person I bet will be Dylan Ferguson. Itll be a Ferguson/Loewen combo I bet to Regina

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
just caught wind that there is a chance of Carter Hart going to Regina.

Hart, Davis

FOR

Leschysyn, Kubic, Williams, Bradley, and a 1st round pick

again, its something I heard so it could completely be false.. just passing it on to everyone here

EDIT- nevermind that exact trade cause I hear Williams has been dealt elsewhere now

Last edited:

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Canes get some picks from VIC for Zablocki. (2018 2nd + 6th, 2019 3rd (cond))

I knew Anholt would have liked that one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad