League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps have given up 9 ppg in 24 chances, before that they gave up 1 in 25 chances

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Unless he coming in to play goal I'm not super worried. ;)

FYI, the Flyers super goalie prospect, Hart, is struggling as much as Samsanov. Goalies take time.
Anyone got any insights into how "top goalie prospects" usually pan out?

My mind is going to Markstrom who was touted as the next big thing but never really made it...

(Note: I know any prospect can go any or a hundred different ways, just wondering what everyone's confidence levels are at this stage)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Anyone got any insights into how "top goalie prospects" usually pan out?

My mind is going to Markstrom who was touted as the next big thing but never really made it...

(Note: I know any prospect can go any or a hundred different ways, just wondering what everyone's confidence levels are at this stage)

I have no idea, but this post from the prospect thread is pretty telling:

Prospect Info: - Capitals Prospects and Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - 2018-TBD

I also found this website were you can go back and look at where goalies were drafted so that might help. Quick glance shows no goalie (Demko played one, Adin Hill nine games) from the 2014 or 2015 draft has played any significant time yet.

Goalie Draft Picks (2018-2014) - NHL - DraftSite.com

Last edited:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Does Hakstol really have a beet farm or is it just a long running joke from the Flyers fans? :dainty:

Anyways, that is a very underrated vegetable. Seems its mostly Slavic peoples that truly appreciate the beet. Perhaps Jews too.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Winnipeg have a great team but they are a paper tiger. They showed a statistics about how they keep feasting on bottom teams and have huge problems against the better teams. I think they had 3-5-2 record against Playoff teams before beating Tampa.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Winnipeg have a great team but they are a paper tiger. They showed a statistics about how they keep feasting on bottom teams and have huge problems against the better teams. I think they had 3-5-2 record against Playoff teams before beating Tampa.
Wasnt one of those wins against us?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Don’t worry. Caps will fall out of the playoffs because of all their poor performers.... and the Peg’s earlier win will fit into the narrative.

So all will be well in your world:)
How is that well in my world? Man you just love starting shit for no reason.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
How is that well in my world? Man you just love starting **** for no reason.
Well when you declare yourself the smartest person on this board it shouldnt be unexpected

Also peg concussed two of our players without a single call so that game might not be indicitive

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well when you declare yourself the smartest person on this board it shouldnt be unexpected

Also peg concussed two of our players without a single call so that game might not be indicitive
What does the concussed players have to do with anything?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Would you rather I lie?

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Dudes/dudettes:

Can we get a truce here between everyone? Half of the recent posts are bickering about each other and it's becoming unbearable to read and I can't be the only one. Please & thank you.

giphy.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Dudes/dudettes:

Can we get a truce here between everyone? Half of the recent posts are bickering about each other and it's becoming unbearable to read and I can't be the only one. Please & thank you.

giphy.gif

You must have short memory. This board is a regular daily kumbaya as compared to years passed.

And it’s really just a handful of posters that like to be contrarians. Find them and have fun with them.

That is all

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
You must have short memory. This board is a regular daily kumbaya as compared to years passed.

And it’s really just a handful of posters that like to be contrarians. Find them and have fun with them.

That is all

No, I remember. I lurky longtime. However, a majority of the posts lately have been in the vein of keyboard tug-o-war than discussion about stats I don't care to understand. haha

769.jpg

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
No, I remember. I lurky longtime. However, a majority of the posts lately have been in the vein of keyboard tug-o-war than discussion about stats I don't care to understand. haha

Well sometimes a poster comes in and instead of arguing in good faith of what they believe, simply argues to inflate their low self esteem and prove to themselves their intelligence. I'm sorry if this causes a disruption in your lurking but people are going to respond negatively to such a poster.

Reactions: kicksavedave

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
If its inbearable just ban his ass. Better than this "oh why cant we all get along" whine

I already had a long list of people on ignore years ago but you wind up seeing posts by the same 5 people. I'm not seeking a group hug, because I know there's too many stupid, inane, dbags in the world. I'd rather check this place and see more posts about hockey rather than seeing the constant inability to communicate as a civil human. But whatever, carry-on internetting warriors.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad