WC: 2017 whc Cologne/Paris. Tickets, accommodation etc

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Where can I find tickets for CAN-FRA on Thursday? Sold out on the main site + none on the resale site.

Is there a french ticketmaster or anything?

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
For those of you that have gone to any games at the Paris venue: how are the upper bowl seats on the penalty box sides? Specifically Balcony D and/or G. The 360 view on the IIHF site has potential obstruction from metal bars of some sort?

Thanks

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I'm a bit surprised how long we had to wait to get inside before the game. We missed the first 5 minutes because of that. They only had one entrance open. This was before sweden Russia in Cologne.

Sorry, pal, but you have to be there in time and use all entrances. Plenty of entrances were available before the game. Getting in wasn't a problem at all.:dunno:

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
How is the fan zone in Cologne?

Nothing too fancy but good enough to pass the time between games. There's a large-ish merchandise tent, some Skoda stage thing with an annoyingly loud sound system, a couple small random hockey related entertainment stations, booths that sell beer, fries, sausages. That kind of stuff.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Nothing too fancy but good enough to pass the time between games. There's a large-ish merchandise tent, some Skoda stage thing with an annoyingly loud sound system, a couple small random hockey related entertainment stations, booths that sell beer, fries, sausages. That kind of stuff.

still more then they got in Paris

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Anyone happen to know who will be playing in the 8:15pm QF game in Paris? Can't find info anywhere on which teams get placed where.

I'm assuming it'll be a 1v4 seed game, as 8:15 is primetime.. but which group? Maybe the groups stay where they are due travel until the SF?

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Anyone happen to know who will be playing in the 8:15pm QF game in Paris? Can't find info anywhere on which teams get placed where.

I'm assuming it'll be a 1v4 seed game, as 8:15 is primetime..

If Germany makes it to the quarterfinals, the winner of the Paris group (probably Canada) will go to Cologne to play Germany:
If Germany is qualified for the Quarter Finals they will play the 20:15 QF (Game 59) in Cologne

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/info/#tournament-format

It would be logical that the winner of the Cologne group wouldn't have to travel to Paris either. So if Germany makes it, Paris would probably be hosting games A2-B3 and A3-B2.

Maybe the groups stay where they are due travel until the SF?

They don't:

The top-four ranked teams of each group advance to the quarter-finals that will be normally be played cross-over. The first-place team in each preliminary-round group plays the fourth-place team of the other group, while the second-place team plays the third-place team of the other group. 1A-4B, 2A-3B, 1B-4A, 2B-3A.

Last edited:

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln

Yep, it's simple but spacious and safe. You can chill for a beer/sausage, check out some marketing, or go sit on the grass.

You can also walk down into Deutz quickly and find tons of fans in the street with restaurants, kiosks, and bars. imho you don't need an extensive fan zone in Cologne because the arena is in the city. I rode my bike around on Sunday and it seemed the entire Altstadt is a fan zone! :P

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Another question lol.

Anyone know which side Canada shoots twice at against Finland? I'm trying to figure out which bench is home/away as Canada is apparnetly the Home team against Finland.. but it seems random when watching highlights:

HOME / AWAY

CANADA SWITZERLAND
CANADA ON LEFT BENCH

CANADA FRANCE
CANADA ON LEFT BENCH

BELARUS CANADA
CANADA ON RIGHT BENCH

CZECH CANADA
CANADA ON RIGHT BENCH

SLOVENIA CANADA
CANADA ON LEFT BENCH?!

Ad