Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v6.0) SEASON FINALE @ NYY|Sun, Oct 1| 3pmET/12pmPT | Anderson vs Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
How do you dive on a surface like that is beyond me. Like Buck said, it's like taking a dive on your driveway tonight. Insane. Doesn't feel good.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Danny Jansen

Or Reese McGuire. One of the two are going to be the backup catcher next year. The other will be the AAA starter with some vet being insurance... Maile, Lopez, Ohlman, Monsalve, FA...

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
6-3 Sox now. Some timely hitting would be nice.

Of course not! On to the 8th inning!

Last edited:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Or Reese McGuire. One of the two are going to be the backup catcher next year. The other will be the AAA starter with some vet being insurance... Maile, Lopez, Ohlman, Monsalve, FA...

I wouldn't be surprised if Maile starts the year as the backup, but I really hope it's Jansen. More upside, more exciting, an actual bat... And McGuire can share Buffalo with Mails.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Maile starts the year as the backup, but I really hope it's Jansen. More upside, more exciting, an actual bat... And McGuire can share Buffalo with Mails.

Jays need the best player there, and frankly Maile wouldn't even be the 3rd best probably. As long as there is not some fascination with vets for absolutely no reason, then this team can start building around players who are actually good.

Maile would not be a bad option as the 4th guy though.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Jays need the best player there, and frankly Maile wouldn't even be the 3rd best probably. As long as there is not some fascination with vets for absolutely no reason, then this team can start building around players who are actually good.

Maile would not be a bad option as the 4th guy though.

If the "best player" is a very good prospect at risk of having his development hindered by being rushed or not getting enough playing time, then having someone else there for a couple months as filler is probably a good idea.

I'm hopeful they think Jansen is ready next and can find enough playing time in the majors to warrant having him with the team. But neither is a guarantee.

Right now, though, I just want them to find a 40-man spot for him in a couple days so we can see him against major league pitching.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Miguel Montero is the definition of just a "warm body" to throw out on the field.

Guy can't hit and his defence is best described by listening to Yakety Sax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad