SCHÃœTZ Felix
KAHUN Dominik
GOGULLA Philip
WOLF David
TIFFELS Frederik

Roosters

Jan 29, 2017
Tiffels, a NCCA player on the team?

And why is Macek there? Is he not from Canada?

Tiffels is the biggest surprise. Played very well in the last two games against Latvia and scored 3 times, probably because of that Sturm decided to give him a spot.

Maceks parents are from Germany.

Hoppyness

Apr 16, 2016
Germany will ice a decent team this tournament. Solid goaltending and a good looking D. Sometimes I wonder if Akdag needs Geoff Ward to play his A Game...
When they could add Holzer to that Defense, that'll be something. My only concern is the attack. Doubtful they can come close to the scoring one year ago, there are 4 lines well balanced but nothing special imo.
Sure, when they miss out on Holzer, the addition of LD would boost this team. But anticipating an Edmonton vs Nashville WCF Series has more charme.

SchwenningerWildWing

Aug 23, 2006
Germany
Germany will ice a decent team this tournament. Solid goaltending and a good looking D. Sometimes I wonder if Akdag needs Geoff Ward to play his A Game...
When they could add Holzer to that Defense, that'll be something. My only concern is the attack. Doubtful they can come close to the scoring one year ago, there are 4 lines well balanced but nothing special imo.
Sure, when they miss out on Holzer, the addition of LD would boost this team. But anticipating an Edmonton vs Nashville WCF Series has more charme.

I hope they can add Draisaitl and not Holzer, that would do Germany much better. So, rooting for Anaheim to go through Edmonton

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Betting on Germany to outright win the tournament at 100 to 1 looks like a nice way of a making a decent amount of money. I know they won't win it but you can hedge once they are in the quarterfinals. And I am pretty sure with this team they should make it.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Is it Sinan Akdag who is a super awkward/funny looking skater? Or was that Ankert (dunno his first name)? I noticed it in some past tournamnet, last year I think. Slowest defenseman I ever saw at a high level. :D

Hoppyness

Apr 16, 2016
Is it Sinan Akdag who is a super awkward/funny looking skater? Or was that Ankert (dunno his first name)? I noticed it in some past tournamnet, last year I think. Slowest defenseman I ever saw at a high level. :D

I think you mean Ankert, but you can watch Mo.Müller this time again and his quite even skating ability to Ankert.

AP_169746657817.jpg

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Don't think it was Akdag, he is actually a decent skater. Torsten Ankert on the other hand is definitely not a great skater, so I guess you mean him.

hage

Mar 9, 2011
my vote goes to Denis Reul who always looks like he has troubles skating ;)

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I don't think Reul looks bad anymore. He was a slow and lumbering skater in the past, but he has become quite quick since about two years ago. He spend a summer with a special skating coach and it really paid off. He's obviously no burner, but he can have some surprising rushes for someone of his size.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Is it bad? Are they expecting him to play in this tournament?

Apart from the expectation that he'll be back shortly, I'm not sure what to expect of him. He hasn't really been a stand-out player in the league this season. Hopefully he'll just be able to switch it up in the Germany sweater.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
I have a private scheduling dilemma...

Does anyone know in case Germany makes the quarters if they are guaranteed to have the 8 PM game instead of the 4 PM game on 18th of May?

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
I have a private scheduling dilemma...

Does anyone know in case Germany makes the quarters if they are guaranteed to have the 8 PM game instead of the 4 PM game on 18th of May?

8 PM

Note: The quarter-finalists from Group A and B will cross-over to determine the semi-finalists. However and in any case, should Germany be qualified for the quarter-finals, they will play the evening game in Cologne and should France be qualified for the quarter-finals, they will play the evening game in Paris. Therefore - and only in this one possible event – if the final standings of the preliminary round groups resulted in a direct encounter of Germany and France, the quarter-finalists would not cross-over, but would play off among the four top-ranked teams of each group.
http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/news/schedule/

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Rieder is out for the tournament, that's a bad blow.

Hager will obviously miss at least one game as well due to his match penalty. You could add in David Wolf, I guess, but so far he hasn't been nominated. With Draisaitl/Holzer and Kühnhackl all being in a game 7, there might not be an addition until it is clear who will come over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad