Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Oh dear. Rieder out is a real blow.

And Hagers dumb action ... man, I'm lost for words. :shakehead

And all this before those games that are essential for Germany. :cry:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
So now it says that Grubauer won't be coming, a bit odd...

To be more precise: if Greiss will be able to play, Grubauer won't come. Seems logical, but on the other hand, it is a bit odd to wait until you have found out. By the time you've found out whether Greiss can play, it will be to late to get Grubauer over for the games this weekend.

As for Draisaitl, it is still unclear when he will arrive. They say they first have to deal with his insurance.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
As for Draisaitl, it is still unclear when he will arrive. They say they first have to deal with his insurance.
Since he has no contract for next year and a big pay coming, I'm just happy he is willing to play.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
So that pretty much means that Grubauer won't come, doesn't it? If Greiss feels fit enough to be the backup there's no need and if Brückmann sits on the bench there's no spot for another goalie left on the roster.

edit:
Right, so Greiss will be the backup tonight and Grubs is still an option apparently. Fair enough. From the way everyone talked about Greiss' injury I got the impression it was only a minor thing and he'd be ready to play again the next game.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Rieder is out for the tournament?

Yes. Tore the syndesmosis ligament in his right ankle, I believe. But according to doctors he won't need surgery and should recover well, though I haven't seen a timetable for his recovery, yet.

President of Hockey

Aug 13, 2016
In Germany Yasin Ehliz quite a bit of praise for his play at the WCs. Any chance an NHL team will try to bring him over, even if he may end up in the AHL?

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
In Germany Yasin Ehliz quite a bit of praise for his play at the WCs. Any chance an NHL team will try to bring him over, even if he may end up in the AHL?
That's the problem, as long as he doesn't get the recognition in NA, he'll stay in Europe. He's playing well, but IMO he can't do anything better than hundreds of other players.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Given the age of our best defensemen, a lot will depend on Abeltshauser in the years to come. That's why I was very curious how he would do in his first WHC.
So far I think he's had a pretty good tournament. Good size, good skating, decent defensively and a lot of offensive upside.

I hope we will see one or to more defensemen from the "next generation" in the tournament next year. It would be great if guys like Bender, Wagner, Müller, Wissmann and any other young talents I forgot could take another step or two forward next season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad