2017 OHL Gold Cup

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
What is the point?

I get the OHL cup, one last look for the scouts before the draft.

Not trying to be smart, but now that they are drafted, what is the point of this tournament? :help:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I get the OHL cup, one last look for the scouts before the draft.

Not trying to be smart, but now that they are drafted, what is the point of this tournament? :help:

It's for hockey Canada. Allows them to see how these guys look going up against the best players in the province... the top end kids will receive an invite to the U17 camp based off of this tourny and how they start their OHL seasons.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
The U17 camp is in Calgary in the middle of the summer. Top players from Ontario will be selected from Gold Cup rosters to go to Calgary amongst a group of approx 112 players from across the country. From there Hockey Canada will select 3 teams to play in the World U17 Challenge next November.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
The U17 camp is in Calgary in the middle of the summer. Top players from Ontario will be selected from Gold Cup rosters to go to Calgary amongst a group of approx 112 players from across the country. From there Hockey Canada will select 3 teams to play in the World U17 Challenge next November.

PrioritySelection

Hi. I watch hockey.
Dec 22, 2015
www.priorityselection.ca
I noticed that Thomas Harley played for team GTHL Red, is he a dual citizen or do they allow some Americans to play in this tourny?

Yup, he is a dual citizen. Ditto Bertuzzi, DuHart, Perrott, and Guzda.

Players like Nick Robertson (USA) weren't eligible as they only have American citizenship and wouldn't be eligible to play for Hockey Canada in the future.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I noticed that Thomas Harley played for team GTHL Red, is he a dual citizen or do they allow some Americans to play in this tourny?

I was curious about this too. He must have some Canadian roots as all players are typically eligible for Hockey Canada that play in this tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad