Speculation: 2017 Off Season Discussion V - rt calls his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Here we go....

This is almost too good to be true. Must be a prank.

If Chayka manages to lose McGinn and actually get something valuable for him then I'm gonna take everything back I wrote about him :laugh:

I guess Chayka will have to give up a serious pick to make than happen unless Tallon has gone senile which might actually be the case. Who else would trade Reilly Smith for a 4th and leave Marchessault unprotected with such a crap roster?:laugh:

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
For the first time since our WCF run, we have a legit D with nobody expected to play above their level.

OEL/Chalmers
Gogo/Demers
Chcyh/Schenn

Challenging for a playoff spot isn't out of the question now:)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Islanders added Halak, Grabovski, Leddy, Kulemin and Boychuk in 14-15 and people wouldn't give respect.

I respect Arizona. I think you guys will be very good, looking forward to watching.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Keller - Stepan - Rieder
Domi - Dvorak - Duclair
Perlini - Strome - Fischer
Martinook - Richardson - Crouse
Cousins

OEL- Hjalmarsson
Gogo-Demers
Chychrun-Clandening
Connauton-Schenn

AHL Callups

Bunting - MacInnis - Merkley

Capobianco - Wood

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Today's trivia question: Which of these players did not play for the Coyotes? No cheating ;)

Pavel Brendl
Brett Hull
Tim Jackman
Scott Pellerin
Robert Reichel
Mikael Renberg
Mike Rupp
Matthieu Schneider

So to answer the question: Yes they all played for the Coyotes. I originally planned to throw a ringer in there that hadn't played for the team, but after surveying some of the answers it looked like more fun to run with a full list of players who had.

Pavel Brendl - 2 games 2005-06 (his last games in the NHL)
Brett Hull - 5 games 2005-06 (his last games in the NHL)
Tim Jackman - 8 games 2005-06
Scott Pellerin - 23 games 2002-03 (in which he managed to accumulate 1 assist. Played 2 more NHL games in his career after leaving AZ)
Robert Reichel - 13 games 1998-99
Mikael Renberg - 10 games 1999-00
Mike Rupp - 7 games 2003-04 / 2005-06
Matthieu Schneider - 8 games 2009-10 (his last games in the NHL)

edit: added some extra career details

Last edited:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My first year seriously watching the Coyotes was the year before the lockout. Remembered the all besides Reichel and Renberg, mostly because I would have been 3 and 4 years old at that time.

Some of those names are tough. I can do without any reminders of the Gretzky years.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
So as far as the summer goes, anybody feel there are still missing pieces? I know before Demers was acquired most of us felt that Chayka had a great summer, but we were still disappointed that we were left with such a gaping hole on defense. Especially on the right side.

I think this was probably the deal that Chayka was talking about when he was quoted saying something along the lines of "we're still working on getting one more thing done."

I give this offseason a solid A.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So as far as the summer goes, anybody feel there are still missing pieces? I know before Demers was acquired most of us felt that Chayka had a great summer, but we were still disappointed that we were left with such a gaping hole on defense. Especially on the right side.

I think this was probably the deal that Chayka was talking about when he was quoted saying something along the lines of "we're still working on getting one more thing done."

I give this offseason a solid A.

Agree with giving this offseason an A. It was time for a complete reset.

Only thing I can ask for now is a vet or two up front. Off the top of my head, our only forwards who have 3 seasons of NHL experience are Martinook, Richardson, Stepan, and Rieder.

EDIT: Martinook only has two full seasons, and Rieder has 3 full seasons.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Agree with giving this offseason an A. It was time for a complete reset.

Only thing I can ask for now is a vet or two up front. Off the top of my head, our only forwards who have 3 seasons of NHL experience are Martinook, Richardson, Stepan, and Rieder.

EDIT: Martinook only has two full seasons, and Rieder has 3 full seasons.

They need a righty winger with offensive upside. If Merkley isn't good enough (which is likely) they need acquire somebody. Also need 2 classical 4th line vets who do some damage by both fighting and hitting and ideally also play PK. If offensive threats like Fischer, Dvorak, Stepan or Rieder have to do all the PK work then that's not ideal. Richardson could play heavy PK minutes but after missing almost a whole season? I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad