2017 NHL Entry Draft - Thread V6 - Leafs at 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I just realised SN does the draft now and not TSN ...ugh...amateur hour starts at 7pm tomorrow.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Would like if we could trade back a bit and possibly pick up another 2nd round pick or even a 3rd round pick. Maybe 17th pick for Montreals 25th and 56th or 58th or 17th pick for Winnipegs 24th and 43rd or 74th pick.

POJ or Timmins or a player that's falling first round

Markus Phillips 2nd round and DiPietro with the next pick. That'd be a pretty good early draft if it happened.

St Louis could also be a good target to swap picks with too.

neversaydie

Apr 6, 2016
Mississauga
I think I might be late to the party, but I like what I hear with regards to Timmins. Smart, 2 way defender with good vision and passing skills. Barring who is available, I go BPA. But if it's him Foote and Hague available, maybe he gets the nod since he's a good skater. Going to be interesting to see what Hunter values. This draft will be telling about his drafting philosophy.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I think I might be late to the party, but I like what I hear with regards to Timmins. Smart, 2 way defender with good vision and passing skills. Barring who is available, I go BPA. But if it's him Foote and Hague available, maybe he gets the nod since he's a good skater. Going to be interesting to see what Hunter values. This draft will be telling about his drafting philosophy.

Yeah I have no idea why the mocks have ranked Timmins at so low, even he is older than his draft peers.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Seeing the sticky threads for each pick is like seeing people put up their Christmas lights. Exciting times regardless of where we pick. Sure, there is no Matthews for us this year, but we already have him (heh heh). The first rounder may be gone in a trade, or used to pick a decent player, but it's always the later rounds when players I am unfamiliar with, get chosen that I like to see potential steals. I know Hunter and the scouts have done their homework.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Seeing the sticky threads for each pick is like seeing people put up their Christmas lights. Exciting times regardless of where we pick. Sure, there is no Matthews for us this year, but we already have him (heh heh). The first rounder may be gone in a trade, or used to pick a decent player, but it's always the later rounds when players I am unfamiliar with, get chosen that I like to see potential steals. I know Hunter and the scouts have done their homework.

I'm not gonna judge a single pick this year. When I see a random 5th rounder like Bobylev produce in his post Draft year, I can tell that Hunter and Co know what they are doing.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I'm not gonna judge a single pick this year. When I see a random 5th rounder like Bobylev produce in his post Draft year, I can tell that Hunter and Co know what they are doing.

Bobylev had a rather mediocre season, didn't he?

I thought Chebykin was the much better pick.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
If the Leafs luck out with one of Suzuki/ Liljegren/ Valimaki I will be thrilled.

Now, I have no idea what the Leafs scouts think of these guys. But, let's say they agree with our board's assessments of them.... I think that 1 of the 3 may actually be there for us at #17. There's going to be off-the-board picks (which always happen) that may bump them down. Remember Boston's wackiness in 2015?

However, if things are going very much as predicted by the mock drafts, we also have the option of trading up to Vegas's #13 or #15. Vegas needs more prospects and may be happy to trade down for an extra player or pick. This the best team to have those pics - stars have really aligned for that scenario.

This draft is actually quite exciting because it's so unpredictable. Getting pumped......

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
ive been on timmins for a while then sort of went away for him, but im back on now I really like the kid (and I haven't seen much, but what I have seen and read I like). Valimaki (fingers crossed he drops) then Kostin or Timmins for me

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
ive been on timmins for a while then sort of went away for him, but im back on now I really like the kid (and I haven't seen much, but what I have seen and read I like). Valimaki (fingers crossed he drops) then Kostin or Timmins for me

I like him too but it seems as though he's shaping up to be a late 1st at best, more likely a 2nd rounder. If we trade down he might be a good grab. Lots of potential solid dmen in the 2nd round this year imo. Timmins, P.O Joseph, Samberg, Rasanen, Hague could get there, Fleury, Kovacevic. Good chance we don't end up with any of them though.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad