GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Couldn't be happier with this draft. Massive influx of skill and potential into the system. Exactly what we needed. Now go out and trade for a dman, Ray.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A little light on D.

I'd like another couple of projects here too...but Walsh is a nice pick. Mueller was in a sense our other D 'pick'.

They haven't really reached for forwards here, nice value other than maybe the first third-rounder.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
We'll see how it turns out in a few years, but its refreshing to not use every pick on the safe option.

Its so refreshing and I love the value in European picks. Instead of these old school Canadians.

Maybe we didn't have the economy with the last regime to go deep and meaningful in the European scouting.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
It's clear Shero & co have done their homework and are leaning on that quite a bit. Still some guys I would have liked to see taken instead, but overall it's clear they've stuck to a strategy of high-upside, high-skill, high-IQ and it'll pay off in the long-run

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Love that this organization is focusing on speed and skill. That is the way the NHL is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad