2017 NHL Entry Draft - Day 1 - 7PM - NBCSN,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I dont understand how leafs fans think they stole anyone when most rankings had Liljegren past 15th.

The REAL steal of the draft is LA Kings getting Vilardi at 11

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
His having mono for 8 weeks had his stock dropped that much?

These scouts are so fragile with "injury" concerns.

It's not about injury concerns, couple the time he was out with the fact that mono takes a lot out of you and that makes for an underwhelming season in your draft year. The potential is still there though.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Chychrun was rated like 10th and fell on draft day, Lily was rated 17th and picked 17th

He was projected top 3 in September and he fell until 17th, like Chychrun (ok he was picked 16th but you know what I mean)

That was my interpretation

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I dont understand how leafs fans think they stole anyone when most rankings had Liljegren past 15th.

The REAL steal of the draft is LA Kings getting Vilardi at 11

you're right but the leafs are a happy bunch. imo vegas got a great dman. he would have fit in even better with the leafs

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
No ****. Tell us something we don't know.

He was the right guy for us to take a chance on...and we did. We're happy for a reason.
Yeah, and I'm telling you to pump the brakes before you put unrealistic expectations on a kid with a lot of baggage.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
As a Leaf fan, very happy with the pick. Checks a lot of boxes that the Leafs were looking for at the draft. Potentially elite skating and skill at the RD position.

Glad he fell to us and don't mind that he's a very boom or bust prospect. The boom would be amazing if he works out.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think it'll be Vesalainen for SJ

Edit: nvm Norris went a bit higher than I thought wow

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Have a feeling the Oilers take Matthew Strome, if not Winnipeg snags him.

But can see Winnipeg going off the board and picking up the steal of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad