2017 NHL Draft - Part 2 "Murderers' Row"; Day Two link in post #1, starts at 10 am ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was expecting a 17 pick to be traded for an 18 pick

Patrick, Frost, Ratcliffe is a very nice haul. Who knows about the rest of the picks. If 1 becomes a steal, like Cates, then I am happy.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I do like that most of the picks have above average speed. But my Kings comparison is that the lean seemed to be toward big guys without high end skill.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not really. It's a better draft next year.

Who are your sleepers?

I'm not going to lose my mind about a 7th round pick, but in theory this pick could be in the 200s next year. Usually you swap for a future pick in a higher round. Probably just ran out of names.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I do like that most of the picks have above average speed. But my Kings comparison is that the lean seemed to be toward big guys without high end skill.

As I said before, we got 4 guys out of the top 47 according to the Hockey News. Then add in a good looking goalie, and the upside of Cates. That still looks like a good draft on paper.

They obviously have IQ and 2way play as the most important traits they are looking for.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Who are your sleepers?

I'm not going to lose my mind about a 7th round pick, but in theory this pick could be in the 200s next year.

They could also use it as part of a trade next year. It's good to have an extra pick.

Obviously there aren't two guys left that they like enough to use a 7th on.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I am thrilled with Patrick and Ratcliffe, and happy with Frost, Strome (value in the 4th), and the fact that they used yet another mid-round pick on a goalie.

I think people are really sleeping on Frost. Looks like a late bloomer, in the vain of Sanheim. Elite Skater, arguably the best in the draft. This is a very very smart pick. Look for him to put up 80-100 points in the OHL next year.

The other two Large wingers in Ratcliffe and Strome is just smart overall. Ratcliffe seems to have very high upside, but at worst is a 3rd line winger and Strome, seems like this years, Oskar Lindblom dropping because of skating concerns. This is ana amazing 4th round pick that could prove to be equally as good as Ratcliffe.

Flyers kinda killed this draft...I'll be updating my spreadsheet this weekend, but early indications are that any holes in the system can now be considered, filled. If I were Hextall I would start working on a package to go after Rasmus Dahlin, I would give up a lot to get that kid.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They could also use it as part of a trade next year. It's good to have an extra pick.

Obviously there aren't two guys left that they like enough to use a 7th on.

It'd be nice to have a 6th round pick instead of a 7th round pick. That's pretty much the time value of draft picks. That's all I saying. No big deal. I don't think anyone expected them to come out of this draft with 12 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad