GDT: 2017 NHL Draft | LEAFS SELECT TIMOTHY LILJEGREN! | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Someone start a "Who's better Liljgren or Karlsson" thread on the main boards to troll everyone

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
When he was projected to go #2 in the draft I was the one wanting us to tank. Now we have him and we made the playoffs. THANK YOU HOCKEY GODS

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
WOW!!

Dreams do come true... This guy was my #1 D-man "hope" for the draft.. :yo:

Very under-rated, just because of having mono. this past season.. :nod:

D-Force: Timothy Liljegren 2015-16 & 2016-17 Extended Highlights - 2017 NHL Draft Prospect (HD)

Now we need to snap U.P. for the net...

All I see is our very own Kris Letang in these clips .... EXACTLY what we need on our team.

Potential #1 Dman and disgusting to think how crazy our PP is gonna be in a few years

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
"Lets tank for Liljegren"

Nah lets make the playoffs and still get him at 17 anyway. So happy Nashville won at least 2 round to bump us up to 17, that could have made all the difference. Can't wait to win the cup next year and draft the dropper Dahlin at 31 :sarcasm:

I'm so pumped it's taken me 2 more picks made just to post :laugh:

what's it that Babcock said? do good, and good will do right by you?

Nothing. He is perfect in every way.

:laugh: okay thanks.

apparently getting mono completely negates a player's value

so him dropping is just the mono thing? lucky ducky Leafs then.

Missed a lot of the year due to mono, came back to soon. Had his IQ called into question but I don't doubt him a bit. I think he'll be our #1 D

Thanks Diddy :)

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Yeah, there's a chance he busts. But even on the off chance that he does, if nothing else, this pick just reaffirms that our management team has the right mindset and knows the direction this team should head in.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Come on leafs trade up a 2nd and get late first here. Go after Yamamoto, Timmin, and or Oettinger.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
NHL DRAFT ISS HOCKEY TOP 10
1. Nolan Patrick (C/RW)
2. Nico Hischier (C)
3. Gabriel Vilardi (C)
4. Miro Heiskanen (D)
5. Owen Tippett (LW/RW)
6. Cody Glass (C)
7. Casey Mittelstadt (C/LW)
8. Timothy Liljegren (D)
9. Cale Makar (D)
10. Michael Rasmussen (C)

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Sounds like a boom or bust pick

If he was a surefire #1 he would have gone earlier. We're lucky that we are in such a good position to go all-in with picks like this.

McPhee came up big for us. Suzuki and Brannstrom are in no way projected above Liljegren. If Jets have one of those picks, Liljegren is probably off the board.

I think Tampa just liked Foote more. They were the other team that I was concerned about. Teams like L.A, Florida, Carolina needed scoring. Perfect storm for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad