NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
CBS probably protected MIN/CAR and FOX probably protected PHI/LAR. And after you take those 2 games out BAL/PIT is arguably the best game, plus it's a big rivalry and like PanthersPens said the Steelers bring ratings.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The Eli Manning era is about to come to an end. They say they'll be playing both Geno and Davis Webb the rest of the way to evaluate them.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is the correct move by the Giants. They are somewhat trying to tank I think but at the same time evaluate Webb. They have a highly winnable game week 17 against a Skins team who will be eliminated and won't care so they really need to try and lose the other games if they can. 4 wins takes them out of the top 5

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
CBS probably protected MIN/CAR and FOX probably protected PHI/LAR. And after you take those 2 games out BAL/PIT is arguably the best game, plus it's a big rivalry and like PanthersPens said the Steelers bring ratings.

Actually from what I read FOX did not protect that game. I think the NFL is hoping the Steelers bring the ratings for NBC while the Phi/Rams game brings big ratings for FOX.... a win-win situation (The Steeler game would have been relegated to 1PM....not in the NFL's best interests)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I bet FOX protected DAL/NYG, and NBC wanted to keep PIT/BAL in primetime because of ratings and the rivalry.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
They should release him and let him go to Jacksonville.

I am aware of why the Steelers were kept in primetime, but it's going to be a shit game with a terrible opponent. Nobody wants to watch that. The whole point of the system is matchup quality.

Vikings/Panthers should have been flexed.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For Webb I can totally understand. But for Geno Smith????? He's proven conclusively that he isn't nearly good enough to be a starter in the NFL. A team with nothing at the position dumped him, his absolute ceiling is as a backup. This is just insane.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not convinced they're cutting off Eli altogether, I'm sure they'll evaluate after the season. But if they don't, there's no use to keep sending him out there and getting his ass handed to him. It sucks for him now, but it will be better for him going forward.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

tumblr_nw33wyNigR1r1ah4uo1_500.gif

(The first tweet took Saban's words out of context, but its till funny to see Kiffin troll his old boss)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is the correct move by the Giants. They are somewhat trying to tank I think but at the same time evaluate Webb. They have a highly winnable game week 17 against a Skins team who will be eliminated and won't care so they really need to try and lose the other games if they can. 4 wins takes them out of the top 5

Except they're starting Geno Smith. That's what I can't fathom. So they're gonna find out about Geno and Davis Webb by playing one guy three games and the other guy two? And what the heck do they need to find out about freaking Geno Smith anyway? As a Jets fan I've seen more than enough of Geno Smith. Benching Eli in this way for Geno Smith IS something the Jets would do :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Francesa is enraged.

As he should be. This is classless garbage but a shit coach clinging to his job and a dumbass GM.

You do not treat your QB, who has meant more to the Giants then anyone over the past 10 years. None of this season has been his fault.

It isn’t his fault Reese was an idiot and thought this O-line would be good enough. It isn’t his fault injuries happened. It isn’t his fault that McAdoo can’t stand up or discipline any player outside of throwing Eli under the bus.

Webb isn’t even suiting up Sunday. Eli is backing up Geno/coming into the game after Geno gets demolished and embarrassed.

No one needs to see what Geno has. Anyone that has watched him as a Jet already knows what he has.

Disgraceful on everyone’s part because Reese and ownership had to rubber stamp this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad