NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I mean Eli said just play Geno and Davis and forget the streak. He took the onus off the coach and McAdoo is still getting torched alive rofl

Francesca’s take on this was hilarious. :laugh:

He didn't really take onus off of McAdoo

The dumb suggestion by McAdoo that Eli could start games to keep streak going only to be pulled in game was absurd to begin with

Reactions: Amerika

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The Giants lost their "class" tag when they went soft on the wife beating kicker.

Not to derail the thread but luckily my team's fan base showed more outrage over the nonexistent signing of a certain, unnamed FA quarterback than they did the situation surrounding the objectively awful human being in Josh Brown.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
He didn't really take onus off of McAdoo

The dumb suggestion by McAdoo that Eli could start games to keep streak going only to be pulled in game was absurd to begin with

Oh, don't get me wrong the original proposal was dumb, but I just marveled at how horrendously this all collapsed even in the wake of Eli trying to pull a team first move. :laugh:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I mean Eli said just play Geno and Davis and forget the streak. He took the onus off the coach and McAdoo is still getting torched alive rofl

Francesca’s take on this was hilarious. :laugh:

As I understand it, that's not what happened at all. Management decided they wanted to see Geno and Davis in the latter parts of games but still let Eli start to preserve the streak and Eli was like no f*** that that's stupid and makes the streak meaningless. It's not like Eli randomly approached them and said they should evaluate the young guys.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The Giants lost their "class" tag when they went soft on the wife beating kicker.
they lost it for me when they were building the new stadium-when Wellington Mara was still alive, they said that they would not be charging season ticket holders PSLs for the new building. Then the old man died and they swiftly reversed course. A friend of mine whose family had Giants season tix for so long that they saw games in 3 different states [Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl, Meadowlands] got a bill from the Giants for $40,000 [10k per ticket in the lower level].

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Eli definitely can still be productive. He had a down year because he has no line, no WRs, and no running game.

I’m not sure what these people expected him to do with what he has right now?

yup, no QB would be successful playing behind that team. But social media has a tendency to just look at the QB struggling and go yup he sucks and he is done. It is pretty disgraceful how they handled it. if they wanted to go in another direction after the season that is one thing. But to pull the plug on Eli after starting 210 straight games behind that garbage is just stupid.
Eli is going to go somewhere next year. I hope his new team drops 70 on the Giants next season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
yup, no QB would be successful playing behind that team. But social media has a tendency to just look at the QB struggling and go yup he sucks and he is done. It is pretty disgraceful how they handled it. if they wanted to go in another direction after the season that is one thing. But to pull the plug on Eli after starting 210 straight games behind that garbage is just stupid.
Eli is going to go somewhere next year. I hope his new team drops 70 on the Giants next season.

Jags would be good for him. He probably doesn't care to get a massive contract and he'd have some amazing young talent around him, plus a healthy Robinson. Theres also the appeal of Coughlin being the boss and playing in Florida while trying to win a SB isn't the worse thing in the world.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I know, I know, the Cowboys bring the ratings and the Raiders are doing better, but I see several options here that provide a much more compelling game, including Rodgers' probable return in Carolina, Rams @ Seahawks in a pivotal NFC West matchup, a Jets/Saints game that could actually be a lot of fun, or Patriots/Steelers fighting for the #1 seed in the AFC. Not all of those are going to be protected.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

This was straight up malicious. If he dodges a suspension for this, it would be insane/wrong. He never even got ejected though, so who knows.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Makes a ton of sense, but I was never a fan of Gettleman. Aside from letting still-productive players like Smith, Williams, and Norman walk, his drafting was just so-so outside of linemen on both sides of the ball, and he still missed on guys like Ealy and Kugbila.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
171205_jake_mr_inside2.jpg

This might not be the place for this, but I find this picture pretty creepy in the context of what's going on in this country right now. Look at the look on his wife's face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad